joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Obs

jburns

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't seem to really think this airmass is as cold as advertised, we have dropped very slowly in ATL over the last 10 hours. Maybe I am wrong, yes the wind chill is brutal, but I am just now at 31..Just an ob...

Oh my god. It's only 1030. Your forecast low is 22. You will eventually make it there tonight or be somewhere around there. Your forecast high tomorrow is in the 30s which has only happened 8 times in recorded history for Atlanta before November 18th. I hope you are expecting anything like January last year tonight.

I don't seem to really think this airmass is as cold as advertised, we have dropped very slowly in ATL over the last 10 hours. Maybe I am wrong, yes the wind chill is brutal, but I am just now at 31..Just an ob...

Uhh, a high not getting above freezing tomorrow is a real possibility here in Chattanooga, just 100 miles to your north.. that's pretty rare for mid-November. It's happened 4 times since 1928 for the entire month of Nov, according to weather-warehouse.com.

At KATL and other major stations in the area that are at/near 25 as of 8 AM, the warmup over much of today should be excruciatingly slow despite a good bit of sunshine keeping in mind model forecast consensus and how cold are 850's. This is rather common with incoming Arctic air. Also, there are lots of clouds currently upstream in TN, which will help hold them down. I expect to see a lot of only 1-2 degree hourly rises up to when the high is hit. If KATL were to not rise above 36, it would be a record low high. I wouldn't be surprised if those to the north that are nearer to 20 rise slightly faster though still quite slowly.

Archived