CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs

jburns

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see some mid 20s in your area this early, pretty amazing. The gators are hunkering down low tonight.

http://www.griffin.uga.edu/aemn/cgi-bin/AEMN.pl?site=AAAA&report=XT

That map doesn't show the heatwave around us though. 31 here and mid 20s everywhere else. Unless KAYS station has a warm bias. Another very close station has 27 and another has 28.

I have learned that lots of people don't realize that the American Alligator have been known to inhabit coastal and swamp regions as far north as the Great Dismal Swamp in North Carolina/Virginia

I believe they pretty much follow the fall line up that way.  We occasionally get on dumped in the Hooch around Atlanta but winters like last year take their course since their natural range only goes up to near Macon.

Epic bust. Only 0.49. Areas to the west received the action. A station nearby only picked up 0.05. Chances of rain went down today from 100% to 50%. I feel like jshetley down here.

Maybe the Tues-wed event will produce more.

Steady rain here, forecast for 1-2, so right on track! You're not keeping up with your end of the deal from last night!? :)

Epic bust. Only 0.49. Areas to the west received the action. A station nearby only picked up 0.05. Chances of rain went down today from 100% to 50%. I feel like jshetley down here.

Maybe the Tues-wed event will produce more.

1) Yeah, fwiw, the 12Z Euro has 1.5"+ for AYS for Tue-Wed if you can believe that! It may be overdoing it somewhat, but the chance of you getting, say, ~1-1.5" would be there with a juicy SE GOM originating Miller A.

2) Today has been quite impressive at KATL with already 1.41" and it still coming down there nicely. They could very well end up with nearly 2" before this storm is said and done! 2" would be a bit heavier than model consensus, which was in the 1-1.5" range. Since ~30% of Novembers since 1879 there didn't even see 2" the entire month, this storm is certainly notable.

Archived