CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs

jburns

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KATL has at least tied today's record of 75. This was quite a bit warmer than was forecasted by FFC. It caught me by surprise, for sure. I'm enjoying the warm interlude. That's what I like about southern winters....ooops, Novembers in this case. ;) Actually, I'm back in Savannah. The trip last night from ATL was smooth til I got to Vidalia. From there to Statesboro was rocking and rolling lol. Also, my power was out here in Savannah when I arrived late and it stayed out for several more hours. Evidently, SAV got a pretty strong storm earlier in the evening.

By the way, Tony, still no moles! Where are those party alcoholics...ooops, I mean animals?

Moving at 95 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!  :yikes:

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
SCC063-079-242130-
/O.NEW.KCAE.SV.W.0124.141124T2102Z-141124T2130Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
402 PM EST MON NOV 24 2014

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN COLUMBIA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
LEXINGTON COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA
NORTHWESTERN RICHLAND COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

* UNTIL 430 PM EST

* AT 353 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS
OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR RED BANK...AND MOVING
NORTHEAST AT 95 MPH.

* SOME COMMUNITIES IN THE WARNING AREA INCLUDE FIVE POINTS...
WOODFIELDS...WEST COLUMBIA...ST. ANDREWS...SPRINGDALE...SOUTH
CONGAREE...RED BANK...PINE RIDGE...OAK GROVE...LEXINGTON...IRMO...
FOREST ACRES...DENTSVILLE...COLUMBIA...CAYCE AND ARCADIA LAKES

REPORT LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WINDS OR FLOODING TO YOUR COUNTY
SHERIFF...OR USE WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/NWSCOLUMBIA AND EMAIL
[email protected] TO RELAY SEVERE WEATHER REPORTS.

If that's not a typo on the warning that is an incredible speed.  You can get wind gusts up to 150% of a storm's forward motion.  Which would be gusts to 140mph.  Sounds suspect.

That storm is moving extremely fast per radar. Its bearing down on my location in Blythewood SC. 15 minutes ago according to radar, it was south of Lexington SC.

4.64 here so far. Another nearby station has 4.49. The new digital accumulation maps on Radarscope are very accurate. The old storm accumulation map underestimating the amount rain that has fallen(Shows 3 inches).

NWS has issued a flood watch because we are expecting another 2-4 inches with isolated amounts of 6 inches today and tonight.

What a morning. Took dogs out for their normal 3 mile walk. Half way thru the skies opened up, we got soaked even with my umbrella. Temp was a mild 60 when we started, shot up to 68 about a quarter mile from my house, I actually felt the temp shot up those 8 degrees. That was at 9am. Currently it is 49 and moderate rain. The temp dropped those 20 degrees about 1 hour after it shot up to 68. We have had .89" since 8:30am and 1.26" for this event.

Archived