CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS absolutely crushes parts of VT NH Maine with snow as a very cold vorticity maximum travels over NE, even SNE gets some but of course another run just another solution. Congrats Dendrite is for our Admin Dendrite who lives in CNH and is a saying going back a decade whenever CNE gets crushed. So yea I'm saying there's a chance lol

LOL, Thank You for the Clarification Neighbor!! Interesting. Read through the past few pages, and it looks like some type of system could impact some part of the region. Earlier today, the Appalachians looked to be targeted for some type of storm. Like you said, just another solution. Interesting days ahead I suppose. :-)

...CLUSTER OF SHOWERS WITH BRIEF WIND GUSTS TO 40 MPH WILL MOVE INTO
RHODE ISLAND THROUGH 630 AM...

AT 530 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS TRACKING
A CLUSTER OF SHOWERS ACROSS NORTHEAST CONNECTICUT THAT WILL MOVE
INTO RHODE ISLAND THROUGH 630 AM.

BRIEF WIND GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH CAN BE EXPECTED WITH THESE SHOWERS.  A
FEW DOWNED TREE LIMBS ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE BRIEFLY STRONG WIND
GUSTS.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
PROVIDENCE...WARWICK...CRANSTON...PAWTUCKET...EAST PROVIDENCE...
COVENTRY...CUMBERLAND...NORTH PROVIDENCE...SOUTH KINGSTOWN...WEST
WARWICK...JOHNSTON...NORTH KINGSTOWN...WESTERLY...SMITHFIELD...
LINCOLN...CENTRAL FALLS...BURRILLVILLE...NARRAGANSETT...EAST

GREENWICH AND NORTH SMITHFIELD.

One guest here to about 25 mph as it fell apart on the border.

Did that move thru all of N Ct or just localized out near you? I didn't hear any wind so thinking miss?

They fell apart after moving through the Valley a bit. 

Litchfield County got a pretty good storm. I didn't see any hail reports but I bet there was some in the middle of the night. 

Gust to 38 knots from that downpour that moved through Hartford this morning. Not bad. Wind came on so suddenly it freaked the dog out right after I let him out this morning. 

Nice.  I think I've recorded stronger wind this morning than I did during last week's storm.

Like the snow in the p/c and zfp mentioning snow on Friday night and on Saturday.  I'll be in VA--lock it.

00z ECM still has a deep trough this weekend but completely lost it's storm. Tippy called that one haha...after it's crazy storm yesterday at 12z the 00z would lose it with partly cloudy skies.

Yeah it basically misses the phase between the Northern Stream and Southern Stream energy until its too late. We get a passing quick little disturbance for some eye candy flakes perhaps but that is about it if you take that run verbatim.

Archived