Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the ensembles agree about that crack op run.

Yeah that ship sailed the instant this extreme 12z depiction came out... The ensemble "mean" will be tamed over any given operational run more than 50% of the time... and when the oper. run is particularly anomalous, that's probably more like 100%.

It's a numbers game.  

Guest Imperator

Someone please.. Was the op run rain or snow?

Rain, with the snow missing you by 25 miles to the northeast of Tolland. Sorry  :lmao:

Probably more than less impressive over the next 24 to 36 hours worth of runs ... then, inevitable, model blackout begins.

As certain as "scorched Earth" posting eras ... the models will drop the event all but entirely.  

Then, 96 hours out some   ...UKMET run of all, comes out with a bomb 300 naut mi e of Cape Cod . heh.  

Crazy uncle talk immediately ensues ... over-dins the small Gynx post that the JMA makes history from VA to ME.  

84 hours out and the NAM goes nuts on the last frame.  the GFS brings it half way back, ...but wait, no, upon closer scrutiny it brought the intensity half back put races the thing to England.  The Euro holds serve as a lost cause.

Tips flames everyone with Christine talk because tele's are still signaling a Heather Archembault - nice.  72 hours and Tip quits and says little hope as most guidance suddenly converge on a no show.

Skip 60 hours; too annoying to care and no one wants to deal with bi-polar antics.

48 hours Kevin gets a tweet about the monster.   What?!  

24 hours out, FOX News reports that the polar vortex isn't dead - "sets sites on the east"

Radio show curse?  

not this time... if you live at 2,000 feet west of the I-95.

But gosh ... we like the seasonal trend..

ha 

Probably more than less impressive over the next 24 to 36 hours worth of runs ... then, inevitable, model blackout begins.

As certain as "scorched Earth" posting eras ... the models will drop the event all but entirely.  

Then, 96 hours out some   ...UKMET run of all, comes out with a bomb 300 naut mi e of Cape Cod . heh.  

Crazy uncle talk immediately ensues ... over-dins the small Gynx post that the JMA makes history from VA to ME.  

84 hours out and the NAM goes nuts on the last frame.  the GFS brings it half way back, ...but wait, no, upon closer scrutiny it brought the intensity half back put races the thing to England.  The Euro holds serve as a lost cause.

Tips flames everyone with Christine talk because tele's are still signaling a Heather Archembault - nice.  72 hours and Tip quits and says little hope as most guidance suddenly converge on a no show.

Skip 60 hours; too annoying to care and no one wants to deal with bi-polar antics.

24 hours out, FOX News reports that the polar vortex isn't dead - "sets sites on the east"

Radio show curse?  

ha 

I don"t think I ever posted a JMA run in my life

Looks pretty mild after the cool down on the 1st.Good soccer weather for the moms like Kevin.

Yeah after that system goes by (whether it hits us or not), it looks like a bit of a torch...great soccer practice weather. No need for big coats or hats.

Looks like we may try to cool things down at the very end of the run as we start to build some PNA ridging...a bit of retrogression of the GOA trough perhaps.

Yeah after that system goes by (whether it hits us or not), it looks like a bit of a torch...great soccer practice weather. No need for big coats or hats.

Looks like we may try to cool things down at the very end of the run as we start to build some PNA ridging...a bit of retrogression of the GOA trough perhaps.

Every now and then you see a little kink in the contours at 500 over the SW while you get some ridging in western Canada. They'll likely be some split flow I think. Not too surprising I guess given ENSO.

Tip appears to be drifting dangerously close to the falls in that barrel.

LOL

Radio show curse?  

ha 

You might also get HubbDave posting typo-filled DT analyses.

But everyone should have a good shawl handy.  It is November after all.

56.4/45

Archived