bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sneaky windexy rain squalls Sunday afternoon?

Yeah looks similar to last Sun/Mon...WINDEX squalls carrying well downwind of the barriers and orographic showers with mountain snow.

As flow trends west/northwesterly aloft later tonight...freezing levels will drop to around 3000 feet or so with precipitation mixing with or changing to snow at the summit level or slightly below. Lows from the upper 30s to middle 40s below the 2000 feet level. Being of Continental origin...system will have only modest moisture to work with however so not looking at anything particularly heavy. By Sunday into Sunday evening we remain under the influence of the upper shortwave trough with cyclonic west to northwesterly flow aloft and plenty of clouds. Flow will become blocked over time such that shower coverage will become increasingly confined to the northern mountains where some light addl snowfall will remain possible above 2500 feet or so.

It's been a NNE torch month...no doubt. Especially with the mins.

There aren't records for places like BML or HIE are there? I'd be curious how those big radiators are doing this month.

Been a warm month nationally except for the Lakes region, but those departures have been warming recently as they were like -8 to -12 after the first part of the month. Locally NNE has been the torch spot like you said...from like BTV to Pittsburg especially.

BDL looks warmest in SNE with +3.2, but the rest are around +2...about half of the NNE departures.

There aren't records for places like BML or HIE are there? I'd be curious how those big radiators are doing this month.

Been a warm month nationally except for the Lakes region, but those departures have been warming recently as they were like -8 to -12 after the first part of the month. Locally NNE has been the torch spot like you said...from like BTV to Pittsburg especially.

BDL looks warmest in SNE with +3.2, but the rest are around +2...about half of the NNE departures.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

We don't have an observer at HIE, but BML is 51.0 for the month so far and normal is 45.5 for October. So +5.5 to date.

I'm going to keep track of my d7-10 snow total this year.

LOL.  Keep us posted.

Competing signals for any possibility of weenie flakes next weekend:

1) my snowblower is getting tuned up on Tuesday (ain't gonna happen)

2) I'm heading to Blacksburg for the VT/BC game next weekend (the "I'm out of town" lock)

Looks like a nice one on tap today.

It really hasn't been a warm month. It's the nighttime lows that are killing us. If you asked folks..they wouldn't say this month has been a torch

They would up here. Everyone is aware of the lack of cold, freezing mornings in a place that should be getting more frosts/freezes than not at this point.

I can see where you don't notice it as you don't radiate at all, it makes sense as you're used to low diurnal temp ranges. And spots like Ginxy getting multiple 20s is probably feeling chilly-ish.

They would up here. Everyone is aware of the lack of cold, freezing mornings in a place that should be getting more frosts/freezes than not at this point.

I can see where you don't notice it as you don't radiate at all, it makes sense as you're used to low diurnal temp ranges. And spots like Ginxy getting multiple 20s is probably feeling chilly-ish.

Well even ORH hit 29 last week.

Well even ORH hit 29 last week.

Yeah but does one cold morning make an entire month cold? Think back to earlier in the month when you were hating the warmth. You are letting the past week skew it a bit. Just 5-7 days ago you were hating it with a passion while +10 days rolled through, now using a 29F to show it's been cold.

Yeah but does one cold morning make an entire month cold? Think back to earlier in the month when you were hating the warmth. You are letting the past week skew it a bit. Just 5-7 days ago you were hating it with a passion while +10 days rolled through, now using a 29F to show it's been cold.

It hasn't been cold. Noone said that. Just that it hasn't felt like a torch month unless you live at night and sleep all day

PWM now with the latest freeze on record (still active streak too).

Oddly enough, they've had 5 mins 32 or colder this month (2 below 30) which is exactly average for BML.

Definitely been some cold mornings mixed in...we just got destroyed during that warm week. The 14th through the 18th was massive in NNE...like multiple +20 days.

But that was record heat so not something we should see again anytime soon.

It hasn't been cold. Noone said that. Just that it hasn't felt like a torch month unless you live at night and sleep all day

It hasn't been a torch month where you are with +2 to +3. It has up here but no one was arguing torch for SNE.

I don't care just playing devils advocate with you. The posts are all in this thread...go back a week and read your posts when it was 77/66 and your hatred of doing leaves when it's humid out. All I'm saying is the last week has tempered your thoughts, you seemed to have a different opinion on October 17th when you wanted to strangle kittens.

Archived