• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Discussion

TalcottWx

The last two days have brought massive changes in the 6-10 day period and even 11-15. Not sure why the swings. The cool thing to do has been to blame the sat outage. Personally, I think it has been a bit overrated, but it's interesting that these swings have occurred since the outage. It also could be random chance..it would not be te first time for models to swing wildly from run to run.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew if it stayed cloudy we'd have a shot. All those tv forecast of 58-62 all week even with the rain lol. I love this in the fall. In April Id be beside myself in anger

It sucks though, a day like today. Nights are meh and mild. I actually appreciate it when you get those partly sunny and crisp days.

It sucks though, a day like today. Nights are meh and mild. I actually appreciate it when you get those partly sunny and crisp days.

I just like cold, cloudy autumn days and how dark it stays in the morning and early it gets dark. It really gets you in the mood knowing that winter is at our doorstep. I hate doing leaves when it's 65 and sunny. Just puts me in a bad mood since it's un fall like

From a weather enthusiast I follow on twitter

@blizzardof96: Looks increasingly likely that tropical forcing shifts into phases 7,8 and 1 after ~Nov 10th. This means heightened AC wavebreakers into AK.

Do any of the mets on this forum think this is true?

From a weather enthusiast I follow on twitter

@blizzardof96: Looks increasingly likely that tropical forcing shifts into phases 7,8 and 1 after ~Nov 10th. This means heightened AC wavebreakers into AK.

Do any of the mets on this forum think this is true?

also said this, seems about right

"This also means after a mild first 10 days of month, potential for sig cold over N Plains,Rockies, Lakes increases in weeks 2/3 of Nov".

heh...CON has had no problem with 20s, but on the hillside I get a lot of those annoying 3-5mph nights that keeps it just mixed enough.

Yeah, just watch the comparisons between MPM and I all winter with him at 1000' and my house in a sheltered elevated valley at @ 350'. Often -5F or more with less than 5mi as the crow flys between us.

heh...CON has had no problem with 20s, but on the hillside I get a lot of those annoying 3-5mph nights that keeps it just mixed enough.

We've only had 1 20s at MVL which I'd think is pretty rare for that site in a good radiator environment.

MVL is also +4.8 on the month so that probably has something to do with it lol.

Archived