wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they doing Weenie of the Year again this year and can the same person win it multiple years?

I'd assume they are doing it again...Rob usually runs it in OT.

And yes, we've had winners in multiple years I believe, but if I am not mistaken when/if you win it 3 times, then you are retired to the WOTY hall of fame.

I'd assume they are doing it again...Rob usually runs it in OT.

And yes, we've had winners in multiple years I believe, but if I am not mistaken when/if you win it 3 times, then you are retired to the WOTY hall of fame.

pretty passe, with the regionalization nobody knows anybody anymore. I'd vote for Scooter

NOXX01 KWBC 231511
FROM - NWSTG
TO- ALL
SUBJECT - NWSTG EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE - COMPLETION
THE NWSTG EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE TO NETWORK
SWITCH EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED
DATA FLOW HAS RETURNED TO NORMAL. IF YOU ENCOUNTER
ANY ISSUES OR REQUIRE SUPPORT, PLEASE CONTACT THE
NWSTG AT THE FOLLOWING NUMBER 301.713.0902 OR SEND
AN EMAIL TO TOC.NWSTG -AT- NOAA.GOV.
YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS WORK WAS GREATLY
APPRECIATED.
NWSTG - SAC

I find it interesting that NCEP's mid range forecast discussion sites all these a "apparent" errors in the GFS' operational handling from 180w to the west coast of N/A -- namely that the model appears too deep and unsupported by other guidance'

But then... 12z today and on this day, NCEP's data outage is corrected, and aspects of the data these foreign models use in their initialization are given to them by us ... and then suddenly those runs are deep like the GFS in the late middle and early extended range.

I wonder if more amplitude is mere coincidence, then... ?   Have to see if some continuity takes place going forward.  

If it were not for modest teleconnector support (as I outlined earlier), I'd be inclined off the bat to thinking the Euro's deep appeal was the typical Euro selling D6+ fantasies 

Man I've been en fuego the last week or so. We knew yesterday when op runs started locking arms and doe ci doeing each other this cold shot/early winter storm threat had some legs.

All about the ops .. Bout the ops.. Now Ensembles

850 Pretty cold for Ens

31.10.2014 12 GMT -0.7 °C

01.11.2014 12 GMT -2.7 °C

02.11.2014 12 GMT -0.2 °C

It can always trend in our favor.

Yes, and it can also never even become a threat in the first place. :lol:

Starting a winter storm threat thread 9 days out is accuwx fodder. AMEX (and formerly EasternUSWX) became popular because we held ourselves to a higher standard.

Archived