Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2005 analog at the top was a huge higher elevation snowstorm up here. That was the only time I've ever skied the glades in October.

October 25, 2005: Most leaves were still on the trees when storm hit, so massive tree damage resulted. 16.5 inches in Barton, 14.3 inches in Underhill. About 100,000 Vermonters lost electricity

October 25, 2005: Most leaves were still on the trees when storm hit, so massive tree damage resulted. 16.5 inches in Barton, 14.3 inches in Underhill. About 100,000 Vermonters lost electricity

Yeah that was the closest we've come to your Rocktober storm, though I don't remember much in BTV land, but just outside the valley got crushed.

Outdoor Soccer season ends Nov 9. Then we go indoors into the bubble

Seriously..why are you , Will and a few others who weren't worried suddenly so concerned about Nov?

What makes you think we're concerned?

We mention a torch after the cold shot and it means were concerned now? Sounds like you conjured up fears.

whose falling for what now.lol

No he's legit worried...he conjures up reasons to be worried around this time of the autumn every single year like clockwork. But you are right that we probably shouldn't even respond to those types of posts.

I have no idea how you got snowstorm out of the earlier convo and then worries for November after the cold shot this weekend.

I had Just scrolled thru the posts and it seemed like the talk was the 12z models were showing a chance at some snow, but that it was too early to get specific. That's how I honestly read them. So for that I apologize.. I guess??

I had Just scrolled thru the posts and it seemed like the talk was the 12z models were showing a chance at some snow, but that it was too early to get specific. That's how I honestly read them. So for that I apologize.. I guess??

I don't think I mentioned snow once..lol. Eh, whatever.

Portland has a pretty long track record

The records are just for PWM though. Portland obs used to be taken downtown, not at the airport, so you would expect some much later freeze dates being on the waterfront. There are several later dates in the long term Portland record from the 40s and such.

Help out a Newbie here Ginxy, what does that mean?? Still a signal for a storm next weekend?

The GFS absolutely crushes parts of VT NH Maine with snow as a very cold vorticity maximum travels over NE, even SNE gets some but of course another run just another solution. Congrats Dendrite is for our Admin Dendrite who lives in CNH and is a saying going back a decade whenever CNE gets crushed. So yea I'm saying there's a chance lol

Archived