joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter Thread

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No they don't do that.....what I mean is that you just push them to the curb and a machine comes around and sucks them up.

Edit: think you meant that.

Our town had that up until a few years ago when we got early snow that did not completely melt away before most of the leaves had been collected. The leaves ended up freezing and couldn't be collected in the usual manner, which resulted in a lot of dead grass on town treebelts.

No they don't do that.....what I mean is that you just push them to the curb and a machine comes around and sucks them up.

Edit: think you meant that.

That's how it was growing up in the Albany suburbs as a kid...luckily when I was a teenager and had to rake the 1 acre yard, just put them on a tarp, drag to the road, and haphazardly dump them near the road. The town would come and vacuum them up once a week in the fall. No bags or any of that.

I always assumed that was pretty standard though for residential areas.

That's how it was growing up in the Albany suburbs as a kid...luckily when I was a teenager and had to rake the 1 acre yard, just put them on a tarp, drag to the road, and haphazardly dump them near the road. The town would come and vacuum them up once a week in the fall. No bags or any of that.

I always assumed that was pretty standard though for residential areas.

Growing up even in a city, we had woods to

dump the leaves in so it wasn't too bad. I would be able to do that if I lived across the street currently. I've never seen a community other than Worcester so that, although I bet there are some.

Our town had that up until a few years ago when we got early snow that did not completely melt away before most of the leaves had been collected. The leaves ended up freezing and couldn't be collected in the usual manner, which resulted in a lot of dead grass on town treebelts.

Doesn't Longmeadow still do that ?

Squirrels are fooking everywhere. It's unreal. There are about 8 digging in my yard. Possibly more.

My wife almost hit two bucks in my driveway coming home from work last night. It's amazing how little woods they need to live in.

The squirrels really are everywhere. I hit one last week.. Felt kind bad but it did run right in front it my car.

Lots of squirrels = lots of snow right?

Don't forget acorns and wooley mammoths....lol-love all the folklore which really means zip

Would be kind of funny though if all this time spent watching models and global trends went to waste when it turns out that squirrels were the true indicator of what winter is going to be like. :lol:

KMDW 041253Z 25011KT 8SM -SNRA SCT013 SCT021 OVC026 03/00 A2971 RMK DZB26E35RAB35SNB35 SLP066 P0000 T00330000

Chicago is the new Siberia, apparently. Hopefully a good sign for a near-repeat of last winter.

From NWS Chicago's Facebook:

"Chicago has reported light snow! This is the 3rd earliest snowfall on record dating back to 1884. The earliest snow occurred on September 25th in 1928 and 1942."

Archived