Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see why you guys stay outta NYC forum.

Is every storm that hits NYC "historic"? Jesus

Sent from my iPhone

Can't be any worse than the MA forum, they may need to setup an intervention hotline for that group.....

Check out these pearls of wisdom :blink:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45602-the-chamber-of-despair/?p=3357993

Can't be any worse than the MA forum, they may need to setup an intervention hotline for that group.....

Check out these pearls of wisdom :blink:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45602-the-chamber-of-despair/?p=3357993

They have their problems but also have some solid posters (zwyts, Bob Chill, mitchnick etc and of course Mets) who provide solid info and a good forum for the almighty late night Euro. NY...meh, lacking a bit.

His one long ass post made my head explode between the content and the length... (Post #410 MA forum)

Yeah... Am wondering how long it took to compose that before unleashing.   To quote Jamie Foxx's song "Blame It" -

Blame it on the booze

Got you feeling loose

Blame it on 'tron

Got you in the zone

Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol

Blame it on the a a a a a a alcohol

:deadhorse:

They have their problems but also have some solid posters (zwyts, Bob Chill, mitchnick etc and of course Mets) who provide solid info and a good forum for the almighty late night Euro. NY...meh, lacking a bit.

You get the Euro PBP in the NYC & they're just as many solid posters, just need to wade through more BS. NYC forum issue is more wish casting & bickering back & forth while DC it's the underlying snow inferiority complex so pick your poison.

I see why you guys stay outta NYC forum.

Is every storm that hits NYC "historic"? Jesus

Sent from my iPhone

Worst subforum by far. There's certain posters that will demean and belittle anyone that doesn't agree that they are not getting significant snow. Doesn't matter if you use sound meteorology or not, they just toss the models that don't show snow then say the one that gives them snow is right. Then  they consider all of the models crap when it doesn't snow. This has been the MO there this winter, it's brutal and as someone that could post in either, I'll take this subforum on a bad day over NYC on their best day. It's no wonder that no mets post in their threads anymore...

Even the trusty Euro snow maps have failed us -- 4 inches over the next 10 days which would verify to 1 inch.

I think that from now on, whenever the Euro is referred to as "king" or "trusty" or some semblance significantly better than the other models, I'm just going to post this...

post-39-0-29944700-1423616156_thumb.jpg

Snow lovers looking at the 6Z GFS probably want to put a bullet in their head... hardly anything Thursday, hardly anything Saturday, and then it rains Tuesday.

At this point my expectations (hopes) are a dusting (maybe) on Thursday, an inch on Saturday, and more than an inch on Tuesday. Tuesday looks suspiciously like what we had at the beginning of last week (Feb. 1st-2nd).

Archived