• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

This is really great. I do spend a good amount of time on that forum mostly because it's the most active but my god, as you alluded to some of the banter gives me a headache. And ALL of those^^ have been played out so much. 

On another note, I was surprised to see nobody is giving any hope to the early-mid week storm. I understand with the way winter has gone but I'm liking this threat. It's not a northern stream system that needs to dig south and develop quick to throw snow back our way. It's a southern stream system that is loaded with GOM moisture with very cold air departing. At least good for a nice front end dump and has trended colder today. NW of 95 looks real good. Still way too much time for this to go wrong but I'm optimistic. 

I'll admit to being somewhat encouraged by the pattern going forward. I fully realize it could be another variation of what we've been experiencing, but my love of snowy winter weather won't allow me to ignore the possibilities. I'm in!

Heck I've already looked at the radar tonight to see what's going on up north/northwest. Some strong dynamics in play coming up, and I find it interesting!   :snowing:  :weenie:  :snowman:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit to being somewhat encouraged by the pattern going forward. I fully realize it could be another variation of what we've been experiencing, but my love of snowy winter weather won't allow me to ignore the possibilities. I'm in!

Heck I've already looked at the radar tonight to see what's going on up north/northwest. Some strong dynamics in play coming up, and I find it interesting!   :snowing:  :weenie:  :snowman:

Exactly! I don't know if I'm buying any sort of pattern shift or change but I will buy into the random southern stream system bringing the goods . 90% of the 4-5" of snow pack I still have IMBY is from that front end thump storm over 3 weeks ago. 

The weekend clipper looks kinda juicy on the models as well. Certainly not from the coastal in our area but it looks like as modeled we could see a few hours of decent clipper snow. I'll take anything on top of our glacier to help prolong the snowmobile season  :sled:

Here's hoping for a trend!

It's the NAM, toss it.

It's 6z, 18z, toss it.

The Ukie's overrated.

The GGEM is always warm.

The Euro is always right.

It's the GFS, what do you expect?

The 0z runs tonight are really important. If not them, then for sure 12z tomorrow.

It's 96/72/48/24 hours out, PLENTY of time to change for the better.

We're WAY out of it's range, toss it.

Did you see the low shift NW on radar?

It's backbuilding!

It's going to fill in, don't worry. Lol i had to share this from  NYC thread.

my favorite was from that winterguy293984 dude that said someone was totally guessing about the euro ensembles then proceeded to claim the GFS will definitely come around at 00z to the Euro OP. Just classic.

Damn Kamu, your updated avatar almost made me spit out my morning coffee!  :lmao:   Nice!!

Lol @ ur avatar!

Thanks - glad you got a chuckle out of it. I had to shrink it down to like 52k before it would accept it (kept saying it needed to be below 500k, and I have about 5 other versions with ever decreasing resolutions). Point being I was hoping it would be recognizable, but I suppose anyone in here would generally recognize the background :-).

Thanks - glad you got a chuckle out of it. I had to shrink it down to like 52k before it would accept it (kept saying it needed to be below 500k, and I have about 5 other versions with ever decreasing resolutions). Point being I was hoping it would be recognizable, but I suppose anyone in here would generally recognize the background :-).

Add me to the club.  Always liked your squirrel the past couple years but the model on there with it is a hoot! :lmao:

Gotta love the New England forum observation thread title, "Valentine's Day Massacre".

It's a rough hobby chasing ice crystals that gets into peoples heads. 80" in two weeks and a 6-8" event becomes a massacre and a disappointment.

Meanwhile red taggers are on the verge of blows in the mid-atlantic forum over an ECM run.

Tensions are running high

Extremely high winter expectations

Near record cold Jan-Feb combo with below normal or not meeting expectations snow

ECM failing in every way imaginable, other models right behind it

Boston neighbours to the north with the best winter in 300 years, envy

There is a solution

thunderdome_zps84dff8de.jpg

Two men enter, one man leave

Archived