• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Very different situation with the low passing west to east across the area as opposed to sliding up off the coast.

Agree . There is not enough blocking ( -NAO) to force redevelopment off the coast and traversing up the coast. Straight shot over NJ causing the WAA to override area. I may have to change my allegiance to the UKMET :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe.. says 5-10 inches though

Down to 4-8" now. If it weren't for the ice threat I doubt we would be in a Warning. With how ridiculous this storm and last weeks storm trend bad for our area I'll gladly take anything over 4". Anything close to 8" would be a bonus. We managed to keep a solid 4-5" glacier. Mainly from the storm two weekends ago. Hoping this surprises a bit for you guys south of here to. Good luck all, and happy Super Sunday!

Seahawks 30 Cheaters 21

I am I guess what Sherman would call a "hater" but I don't like the Hawks. Between Sherman's mouth, Lynch's inability to follow simple rules that every other player follows, and Pete Carroll's mouth going HAM on gum the entire game. I want to see Brady make history. Spygate/deflategate and all they have done more with less the entire Brady/Belichick era outside of the 16-0 year.

With all that said. 35-27 Pats.  

NAM and GFS so rainy now i will lose my snow pack, then they drop 1" back swipe snow :axe:

cold coming in following storm less impressive

first call 2" snow  followed by numerous puddles

kinda ludicrous with such a massive system moving in we have mostly sunny skies, even satellite looks like it should be cloudy out

i have lost most of my faith for this area.

burned out from last 2 trackings

NE wont exist with the amount of snow it shows

Total bummer with the two misses in one week but overall:

a) extended below normal temps since the start of January

b ) have had snow cover for an extended period

c) many events of snow on snow

d) only 5" shy of our normal winter snow

e) active two weeks at least remaining with potential

Fairly good chance remains to hit 40" for the winter which for me I have only done 8 times in my life. Curiously 1987 and 2011 are the only two 40+" winters I have witnessed that did not go on to reach historic 55"+ plateau

Using Ewing's 1.9"(closest verified amount to me), the last storm has gotten me at 15.9" on the year. Normal snowfall overall is 23.4" around here, if we can get just one significant storm in February, we'll be above average despite the rotten luck this year.

In a way it's a winter like 2010 only all the big storms have missed....

Total bummer with the two misses in one week but overall:

a) extended below normal temps since the start of January

b ) have had snow cover for an extended period

c) many events of snow on snow

d) only 5" shy of our normal winter snow

e) active two weeks at least remaining with potential

Fairly good chance remains to hit 40" for the winter which for me I have only done 8 times in my life. Curiously 1987 and 2011 are the only two 40+" winters I have witnessed that did not go on to reach historic 55"+ plateau

i was just venting.

having 6" base in front yard is still great and 22.6" for season with great pattern ahead another positive.

faith back!

Archived