Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been snowing moderately for the past couple of hours and really starting to pick up now. We've been on the edge of these heavier snow bands here in the NW Monmouth County. Tough to measure with the wind blowing everything around though, but we are starting to get some small drifts. Street has been snow covered all night.

I kid you not, but that is a pack of deer just casually strollin down my street just now! Hahaha Also pictured is our snowman from the last snow event, still hangin tough out there tonight.

Early this morning, Sam Clover on KYW's traffic report was saying that the deer were out and about this morning.

As a kid, I relied on the NOAA weather radio, the local TV stations, and looking out the window, but until The Weather Channel came along, that's all we had.

Yes, forgot to mention that - Herb Clarke....any one remember Wally Kinnan the weatherman? I just googled him to be sure I had his name spelled right and never knew he had quite the history before he was a met. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Kinnan

Yes, forgot to mention that - Herb Clarke....any one remember Wally Kinnan the weatherman? I just googled him to be sure I had his name spelled right and never knew he had quite the history before he was a met. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Kinnan

I always liked Herb Clarke. I don't think he was a degreed met, but he sure knew his stuff!

bigger bust: missing the playoffs after starting 9-3, or this storm?  haven't decided...

With their secondary, it wouldn't have mattered.

Regarding the deer, I hear/see them bolting around here and there when I take a early morning walk. Sounds like a stampede  and would deck my ass if coming straight forward.

With their secondary, it wouldn't have mattered.

Regarding the deer, I hear/see them bolting around here and there when I take a early morning walk. Sounds like a stampede  and would deck my ass if coming straight forward.

Funny parallel our storm "secondary" development was just as bad  :lol: 

Archived