Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess you did"t get past the giant storm idea lol. Anyway the 12Z Euro gave me a giant sigh of relief.

I didn't go ice fishing either, too warm out. Seriously it's 38F. Despite the warmth i have 5" of soon to be snowcrete on my front lawn so the base is down.

Still think Euro is overdone and  better to go with a model blend. That would be 6-10"

If euro is right then great we over perform

Imagine if, now that it seems a lot of official outlets have bought the Euro hook, line and sinker, the Euro goes belly up and falls to the rest?

I hear you, I should be more than happy here with the high probability of 6"+ however looking at the those big totals I feel like Admiral Nagumo's carrier strike force heading to Midway

I would not want to be a pro met tomorrow. For some reason, the people at my office think we're getting 20" tonight. We're even getting emails from HR about the "extreme weather" conditions headed our way. :facepalm:

If we get the low end of 6", or the high end of 16", it is still the same effect on your office assuming ending time of tomorrow afternoon. 

Regardless of the outcome, this storm is going to be epic for someone and will drop around 40" somewhere. I've never seen this much model disparity within 12 hours of a storm; literally showing a difference from 5-25" for some areas (moderate event-crippling blizzard). This will definitely be a case study for meteorologists for decades to come and its result with speak a lot about the accuracy of the various models. This storm will speak worlds about the EURO.  :mapsnow: 

Archived