joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no rain for the second day :( lol - shouldnt be surprised i guess since the bigger storms seem to come when there isnt much of a chance. high chances this summer have yielded next to nothing. although on a side note i really cant complain. 66 and cloudy with fog and drizzle - not bad at all for august.  lets hope this coolness translates to coldness this winter lmao

Under a flood advisory. Just moderate rain and thunder. Not long ago I was thinking we might make it up to 5 inches for the day, but the storms weakened.

AT 707 PM EDT WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED SLOW MOVING

THUNDERSTORMS...PRODUCING RAINFALL RATES IN EXCESS OF 3 INCHES PER

HOUR. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN

THE ADVISORY AREA THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS.

Well, I was in the sweet spot, guys, and I'm not too far from either of you.  Over 1.3 inches of rainfall and still coming down lightly.  Perpetual showers redeveloped all day over Hickory and other local environs.

Excellent.  Perhaps this stuff coming up from the SE will get us in some of the action.

CAE only made it up to 82 misty degrees today  :weight_lift:  and the mist added up to .08  :P  

:wub:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
317 PM EDT SUN AUG 10 2014

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT SC
SATURDAY AUGUST 9TH...

A RECORD RAINFALL AMOUNT OF 3.61 INCHES WAS SET AT COLUMBIA METRO
AIRPORT SC YESTERDAY...SATURDAY AUGUST 9TH. THIS BREAKS THE OLD
DAILY RAINFALL RECORD...FOR THE DATE OF AUGUST 9TH...OF 2.49 INCHES
SET IN 1964.

Just got back from a 2 week vacation to Colorado. Loved it out there. Saw temps out there from 95 to 37 with sleet. Anyway, I am surprised at all the rain that has fallen this month and last. We had a grand total of 8.00" in July and so far this month is at 5.24". My yard is water logged and one of my small trees is showing major signs of too much water. Leaves turned yellow and are wilting and falling off.

I love consistency.  I've picked up another 0.02" today.  No flooding yet.

EDIT:  Five minutes after I posted it started raining.  Radar shows it won't last long  but it's raining for the moment.

Upped my daily total to 0.59" with that 30 minute shower.  The feel of the air tells me the warm front has moved through.

If you want to know if it's going to rain, use this. So far accurate as hell for me. Yesterday morning it said rain for several hours and we got lots of rain. Today it said no rain expected even though we had a 90% chance of thunderstorms today and we got nothing. It probably takes into account healing skies.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44231-hey-guys-ive-made-a-rain-prediction-website-i-was-hoping-you-could-take-a-look-at-it/#entry3026415

.42" yesterday. Hope things dry out enough to finish mowing today. I'd hate to have to raise the mower deck up a notch just to knock the grass down to a level it can mowed at it's normal height ;) These once a week monsoons have kept me and the mower busy lately.

Archived