• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Obs

mackerel_sky

.42" yesterday. Hope things dry out enough to finish mowing today. I'd hate to have to raise the mower deck up a notch just to knock the grass down to a level it can mowed at it's normal height ;) These once a week monsoons have kept me and the mower busy lately.

My mower is almost broken. It's smoking a lot, which has gotten worse through the summer. Unfortunately, going to have to pay someone to come and fix it, which would be fine except for the fact that they charge $100 just to come out (which doesn't include the coat of the repair). :(

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mower is almost broken. It's smoking a lot, which has gotten worse through the summer. Unfortunately, going to have to pay someone to come and fix it, which would be fine except for the fact that they charge $100 just to come out (which doesn't include the coat of the repair). :(

You can get a decent new one for around 180$!

Unless u have a riding mower? I got a craftsman push mower about 10 years ago new for 175$, still going strong with no maintenance ! Currently 72

Man, I've never had to pay for the coat of the repair guy.  I think you're getting scammed or something.  ;)

These past few days have featured quite the moist atmosphere around here.  I've received rainfall each of the past five days, including today.  The current five-day total rainfall is 2.98 inches IMBY.

Man, I've never had to pay for the coat of the repair guy. I think you're getting scammed or something. ;)

These past few days have featured quite the moist atmosphere around here. I've received rainfall each of the past five days, including today. The current five-day total rainfall is 2.98 inches IMBY.

Yeah, for some reason, all these guys are cold. :( Haha. Spelling usually helps.

Pretty nasty out 88 over 73 kinda surprised there are not more storms and showers around the eastern part of the state, we have been 50% chance for the period since yesterday and so far it hasn't panned out, they have us with a 50% overnight as well...maybe the stuff out west will make it in here, decent little cluster/line forming east of the Triad.

If you want to know if it's going to rain, use this. So far accurate as hell for me. Yesterday morning it said rain for several hours and we got lots of rain. Today it said no rain expected even though we had a 90% chance of thunderstorms today and we got nothing. It probably takes into account healing skies.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44231-hey-guys-ive-made-a-rain-prediction-website-i-was-hoping-you-could-take-a-look-at-it/#entry3026415

We'll see ;) Right now it says:

Clayton, North Carolina
Rain in 85 minutes

Nice severe storms and flooding . Have large branches down and prob 4"+ of rain.

Really looks to be trying to train a bit as well, I suspect the Crabtree Creek going to show some huge jumps in water levels here in the next hr. The leading edge is going poof though so my hopes of this making it east is starting to also go poof.

Archived