:wub: 

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
542 PM EDT SAT AUG 09 2014

...A NEW DAILY RAINFALL RECORD HAS BEEN SET TODAY AT COLUMBIA METRO
AIRPORT IN SC...

FROM MIDNIGHT THROUGH 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON...2.50 INCHES OF RAIN HAS
FALLEN AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF
2.49 INCHES WHICH WAS SET ON AUGUST 9TH IN 1964.

Still not 1 drop here today after having at least moderate, if not even heavy rain less than 1 mile away.

after yesterday mornings storms, thats been the same here today, although its been about 3 miles away lol.  so much for such high probs of rain :rolleyes:

I'm suprised Mackerel_Sky has not reported - I've rec'd well over 4 inches of rain in a couple of hours - some areas in the Upstate have had over 5 inches - live coverage of the flooding currently on the local news

Just got in from fishing, only picked up about 1.12 inches this evening. It didnt start out here till around midnight. Luckily , we missed the insane totals of downtown. It seemed like the storms hit a wall right along I 85, and stalled before it got down here! Currently 71

Just got in from fishing, only picked up about 1.12 inches this evening. It didnt start out here till around midnight. Luckily , we missed the insane totals of downtown. It seemed like the storms hit a wall right along I 85, and stalled before it got down here! Currently 71

You catch anything?

While driving into Myrtle Beach yesterday we got absolutely dumped on in Whiteville, NC. So much water on the roads traffic came to a standstill and there was water ponding in yards all the way up to the base of homes. Not sure how much they received, but it had to be a pretty substantial amount and in a very short amount time. Hoping for a break in the clouds and dreariness today, but short range models don't give me any hope.

Below are some pics from Falls Park this morning (I've never experienced "spray" before at Falls Park until today)

Cleveland Park is a disaster area: I'd estimate several feet of water covered the entire park last night - debris everywhere, several fences down, and roads leading into the park are closed. The Swamp Rabbit Trail leading into the park is also closed.

oJgwVkN.jpg
qrvUDjz.jpg
0NJQn45.jpg
liLXKug.jpg

Yes, they were biting very well. I think the nearly full moon and lower barometric pressure helped the cause. But the last two hours from 12-2 am, was very wet, with tons of lightning and long rolling thunder! Was a good night to be out.

Looking for more rain today.

Good deal! Haven't been fishing in forever. Cloudy here...was drizzling earlier.

Below are some pics from Falls Park this morning (I've never experienced "spray" before at Falls Park until today)

Cleveland Park is a disaster area: I'd estimate several feet of water covered the entire park last night - debris everywhere, several fences down, and roads leading into the park are closed. The Swamp Rabbit Trail leading into the park is also closed.

oJgwVkN.jpg

qrvUDjz.jpg

0NJQn45.jpg

liLXKug.jpg

Nice shots.  I've been there several ties. It's a great park right in the downtown.  My daughter interned at the Greenville Zoo.  She loved the town.

I noticed yesterday that a couple trees in my front yard are starting to change colors :)

Always a good sign that fall is around the corner!

Most likely the early change is due to the severe drought stress they were under most of the summer, in between rains. I have noticed Virginia creeper starting to change here as well.70 and drizzle

Archived