e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Significant SVR risk 7/14 or 7/15

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything suggested NYC as the epicenter today so the fact its been areas south and east of there for the most part isn't a shock.

Long Island needs the rain, as we haven't had the heavy rain and storms the interior has had. Before yesterday, every lawn in my town was drying up. So this is the start of playing catch-up.

Like I said, sometimes these synoptic type heavy rain and T-storm events work out for the immediate coast in the summer. It's the usual frontal passages and daytime heating T-storms that never work out.

Everything suggested NYC as the epicenter today so the fact its been areas south and east of there for the most part isn't a shock.

The globlas and the NAM had the heaviest over interior NNJ. The 12z RGEM agreed, the GFS was a tick east but still gave a good walloping region wide. I see no reason to believe that the activity near DC won't make it here.

The globlas and the NAM had the heaviest over interior NNJ. The 12z RGEM agreed, the GFS was a tick east but still gave a good walloping region wide. I see no reason to believe that the activity near DC won't make it here.

It probably will but doubt it is severe in nature. I don't think I've ever seen us get severe storms come up from DC

Driving through that storm in southern Bergen county was probably not my best idea. Began to absolutely open up once I hit the road and didn't let up for a half hour. Must have been a few inches of water on most the roads near North Bergen.

Merged onto US-46w and immediately hydroplaned, lost all control of my car, and was inches from smacking into the divider. Got an ounce of control back at the last second and somehow managed to come away completely unscathed. Nearly wrecking myself was my "fun" for the day...

It's been mainly cloudy here all afternoon thanks to convective debris from the storms to our south. I think the severe threat is pretty much shot for NE NJ and NYC.

It was mainly cloudy on LI most the day and that didn't stop what's going on right now.

It's been mainly cloudy here all afternoon thanks to convective debris from the storms to our south. I think the severe threat is pretty much shot for NE NJ and NYC.

Why? Clouds are breaking and the sun is coming back out in New Brunswick, and CAPE is still over 2000 J/kg across much of the region. It's not over yet, and the activity in MD, DE, and south Jersey looks quite potent. At the very least, flash flooding will still remain an issue into tonight.

Ok we had a serious storm at jones beach. Winds in excess of 50mph sent the sand flying. Nice lighting over the ocean. Overall best storm here in years

Good call. 59 to be exact at jones beach coast guard station. Sorry having issues linking to the NOAA report from my phone.

Why? Clouds are breaking and the sun is coming back out in New Brunswick, and CAPE is still over 2000 J/kg across much of the region. It's not over yet, and the activity in MD, DE, and south Jersey looks quite potent. At the very least, flash flooding will still remain an issue into tonight.

Looking at Satellite, any sunshine is very temporary.

http://climate.cod.edu/flanis/satellite/1km/index.php?type=LongIsland-vis-12

The new HRRR has basically a firehouse of convection coming up from the south and nailing the area region wide. I'd take that in heart beat.

attachicon.gifhrrr_ref_nyc_9.png

yea - its your favorite model - hope the results are better then what it was forecasting for 3 PM

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=131269

Archived