e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Significant SVR risk 7/14 or 7/15

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The line, it focues on interior northern NJ. This is where the Euro, GFS, NAM and RGEM all had it.

hoping when these storms clear I can get the instability and shear to actually work in tandem for once behind these current storms. sun will go a longggg way today that's for sure

hoping when these storms clear I can get the instability and shear to actually work in tandem for once behind these current storms. sun will go a longggg way today that's for sure

The way these events normally work is that whomever gets the early stuff usually doesn't do as well later on. That sort of happened to me last night. The rain shut off by me early while points southeast poured into the night.

At work in Westbury and this is an impressive storm right now. Lots of lightening and very dark.

The National Weather Service in Upton NY has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Nassau County in southeast New York...

* until 315 PM EDT

* at 250 PM EDT...National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a severe thunderstorm. The storm was near Rockville Centre...moving northeast at 30 mph. This storm is capable of producing damaging winds in excess of 60 mph.

* Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to Woodbury...Westbury...Wantagh...Valley Stream...Syosset... Plainview...Oceanside...Mineola...Massapequa...Lynbrook...Long Beach...Levittown...Hicksville...Hempstead...Garden City... Freeport...Farmingdale...Elmont...Brookville and Baldwin

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

Nearly continuous cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this severe thunderstorm. When thunder roars...move indoors! Remember...if you can hear thunder...you are close enough to be struck by lightning.

Please report hail...strong winds or wind damage when you can do so safely to the National Weather Service at 1-800-226-0217...or by E mail at [email protected]

Lat...Lon 4068 7373 4070 7373 4088 7348 4087 7347 4067 7343 4059 7367 time...Mot...loc 1851z 234deg 25kt 4067 7363

Forecaster: jcp

ok - lets use this run as a reference and compare it to what the radar actually looks like at 3 PM today - my initial thoughts are that the model is once again rushing things along too fast with that squall line - but we will see

Here is this mornings HRRR for 3 PM

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=131269

here are the radars at 3 - HRRR is overdone as usual and too fast and missing the storms in central NJ

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true&location=USDC0001

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=pan&prevzoom=zoom&num=6&frame=0&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&ID=DIX&type=N0R&showstorms=0&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&map.x=400&map.y=240&scale=1.000&centerx=400&centery=240&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&lerror=20&num_stns_min=2&num_stns_max=9999&avg_off=9999&smooth=0

Archived