• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2014 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

Quite a pattern we have. You think this has staying power?

Looks better than the previous 2 shots this month as far as staying power goes. Quite a wall between hudson and GL. Depth is pretty good on the means. If I had to guess, the front late week could clear to near SC before retreating. That's pretty far south of us. A reinforcing shortwave or 2 appears possible to probable to continue the pattern down the line. It's pretty far out there but there is some good agreement at this lead.

Last week's euro weekly run showed the same general lw pattern persisting into the first half of august. Much will depend on the staying power of the west based -nao. Looks pretty stout late week. Prob take some time to go away. We haven't had more than 3 days in a row of 90+ in June or July. Hard to bet against that kind of persistence.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking like DCA will finish July very slightly above normal while the other two might be slightly below normal.

Dca is running .5 as of yesterday. We could string some neg days starting Thursday. Much will depend on lows moreso than highs. It's at least possible to go neg at dca. Dulles and Bwi are prob locks based on med-lr models.

Dca is running .5 as of yesterday. We could string some neg days starting Thursday. Much will depend on lows moreso than highs. It's at least possible to go neg at dca. Dulles and Bwi are prob locks based on med-lr models.

Problem is that tomorrow and sat/sun all look to be decent +'s.  I think that will clinch it at DCA considering the inability to cash in on the low temps.

Problem is that tomorrow and sat/sun all look to be decent +'s. I think that will clinch it at DCA considering the inability to cash in on the low temps.

No doubt that's the way to hedge. The only way would be to get lucky with a cloudy/rainy shortwave under low heights and pop a -10 or 2 somewhere during the last week. Predicting that at long leads is silly of course.

Latest euro ens run is pretty impressive @ h5 the second half of next week. We'll see how it shakes out. Regardless of the final #'s, this July has been just about as nice as you could ask for overall. Not having more than 3 days in a row of 90+ in June and July @ DCA is a 10/10 in my book.

at just below normal,I didn't know how cool a normalish BWI July really felt

Archived