joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2014 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing about this morning is that the temps are pretty much dead-on average for this time of year.  It is the breeze and the dropping dews that are helping us out.

And I find it funny that people are super excited about dews in the 60s...  talk to me about dews in the 40s, then we can call it "pleasant".

They're on a steady decline. The dewpt for BWI at 1:54 am was 70. It's now 62. And the next two nights should be good for cooling, so the 'burbs N/W of the cities should dip into the 50s. Not too often we get windows open sleeping weather in mid-July around here. 

And I find it funny that people are super excited about dews in the 60s...  talk to me about dews in the 40s, then we can call it "pleasant".

They're on a steady decline. The dewpt for BWI at 1:54 am was 70. It's now 62. And the next two nights should be good for cooling, so the 'burbs N/W of the cities should dip into the 50s. Not too often we get windows open sleeping weather in mid-July around here. 

Yeah, my point forecast shows low of 56, hope that turns out to be true - looking forward to it.

Lol. Dude, it is July 16th in Washington, DC. Just a week or two ago people were baking in 100+ HIs. Some around 110. Climo says we should be near 90 every day, and you know that usually comes with the humidity. This is as good as we can get around here.

Pleasant indeed :P

Honestly...some people are ridiculous. There's just no pleasing them.

I can say this. My daughter is going to have one fantastic riding lesson this afternoon. After riding on Sunday in that soup today even the pony will be loving it. 

It's a welcome change.  For the first time in at least a week, I was able to walk around my neighborhood while feeling comfortable and not soaked in sweat afterwards.  I wouldn't complain if the rest of summer was just like today, with maybe a bit more blue sky.

Took my young twins rafting on the Shenandoah today near Luray. WOW. What a perfect day to do that. We took the long way home and went over thornton gap on rt 211. 77 leaving Luray and 69 darn degrees over the gap. 69 at 4pm in July??!?. My kids loved the river. I loved the day on so many levels.

Took my young twins rafting on the Shenandoah today near Luray. WOW. What a perfect day to do that. We took the long way home and went over thornton gap on rt 211. 77 leaving Luray and 69 darn degrees over the gap. 69 at 4pm in July??!?. My kids loved the river. I loved the day on so many levels.

Second July in a row we have had a period of awesome weather during climo hottest time of year. Your post reminded me of my trip to Shenandoah late last July, around the 25th I think. Temps on Skyline drive were in the the mid 60s early in the afternoon and upper 70s elsewhere. I just got back from Harpers Ferry today and the warmest temp I saw was 81.

Low of 65. Maybe my station isn't working right? I can't see how DC (no offense DC) could get a lower temp than up here... My station is literally 15 feet from the water (Swan Creek, a big inlet), so maybe that has something to do with it?

66 at DCA, 63 at my place.  If the wind stayed up and/or was off the water that might have helped you stay warmer.

I can say this. My daughter is going to have one fantastic riding lesson this afternoon. After riding on Sunday in that soup today even the pony will be loving it. 

We are looking to move to New Market in the next two years and the wife wants riding lessons.  I would imagine there are several location in Frederick?

Archived