joxey
July 2014 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

98/75

We better see some severe out of this..

I doubted upper 90's but should have known better.

Looks pretty nice in the lr. Ensembles are hinting at a second shot of nice air next week. Signal is there but July has a way of washing fronts out in our area. Good thing is the signal is increasing so maybe we score 2 perfect 3 day stretches. I sure couldn't stand a stretch of todays. Disgusting stuff man.

I doubted upper 90's but should have known better.

Looks pretty nice in the lr. Ensembles are hinting at a second shot of nice air next week. Signal is there but July has a way of washing fronts out in our area. Good thing is the signal is increasing so maybe we score 2 perfect 3 day stretches. I sure couldn't stand a stretch of todays. Disgusting stuff man.

DC area almost always over-performs on heat, drought, and non-convective wind. It's a remarkably consistent phenomenon that took me a decade to fully realize..

I'm leaving town Friday, so I get to experience the cool down and miss the next heat wave :D

We are awesome at heat. Everything else we pretty much suck at. I'm just hoping for some torrential rain to revive my crispy lawn and a few bolts of lightning and cracks of thunder so its not completely mundane.

before 2010, a 99/80 day would probably get its own thread...now it is so routine, nobody cares...

Low 70s dew points. Felt like a blowtorch walking outside earlier with the sun out, now its more like a sauna. Gimmie a damn T-storm.

At least we're getting some rain now. It never ceases to amaze me how such a humid climate can go weeks without rain...I think it was 2012 where I went 21 days straight with max dews 67+ yet not a drop of rain

Archived