• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2014 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

I didn't realize until I read Ian's article that you had "ample sunshine" down there yesterday, nice. Fully cloudy here, even got a trace of rain in an afternoon "shower".

Didn't realize it was cloudy up there.  We had a period of pretty murky skies with the upper level haze. I'd have to bet it knocked temps down a bit too. Not quite a perfect sky day but certainly sunnier than usual for a cool day in July here. 

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realize it was cloudy up there.  We had a period of pretty murky skies with the upper level haze. I'd have to bet it knocked temps down a bit too. Not quite a perfect sky day but certainly sunnier than usual for a cool day in July here. 

Indeed very cloudy, looked like a brooding fall day. The 4:30 sat image from your article...pretty much the deal all day.

Any reason for the hazy sky? Odd to see with such a dry boundary layer.

If I were just looking out a window, I'd assume it was 95 degrees.

Ian made a post yesterday regarding Canadian wildfires that may be causing it.  I didn't notice it until he said something, but you're right.  It does seem weird to have these cool temperatures and not a deep blue sky.  Here's an article I saw...

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/30/winds-push-smoke-from-canadian-forest-fires-into-virginia/

Edit:  Damn.  Ninja'd by MG.

47 degrees on 7/12/2002.

1985 must have been dry. 83 for a high on the 23rd, followed by 48 the morning of the 24th and a 40 degree rise to 88 for the high.

Thanks for the reply. My mind was focused on the record low and I overlooked the fact that it wasn't a monthly record.

Archived