EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
April Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

swinging by to catch up with my mid Atl. peeps and like always, Bob has me rolling........

It's all I'm good for once winter ends. We need to hook up for some ice cold PBR tall boys and some yard games like cornhole someday. Uncensored Bob Chill blows away the toned down board version. good times

We don't have kids hence the reason for the "they're like our children."  And I'm not getting into the pet vs. children debate...I've seen that one play out and its not pretty with some people.   :)

:D  I hear you. You are a very smart man. In other news the Wizards are in the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, whoopeeee.

On Mar 31, there was one lone cherry tree trying to blossom at Hains Point. Time to see if any more have joined it.

Eyeball report: the number of starting-to-flower cherry trees (about 20-50) about equaled the number of tour buses at 10 am.

Going to be tough to hit peak before the end of the festival.

NPS posted that their indicator tree is blooming and it usually does 7-10 days before peak. Could be close but may get it in for the last weekend.

We don't have kids hence the reason for the "they're like our children."  And I'm not getting into the pet vs. children debate...I've seen that one play out and its not pretty with some people.   :)

As long as you're not a judgmental d-bag it shouldn't be an issue

Heard that dozens of loyal Nats fans showed up for the pre-game team festivities for Opening Day.  What time does the wealthy DC political insider crowd arrive once they've left their ties in the car, unbuttoned the top button of their $200 button-down shirt and don that sparkling clean Nats hat they wear twice per year?  

And sit in their $350/seat Lexus seats while eating filet mignon and crab cakes? Ha - I've sat in the club section enough at OPACY, so I can't give them a hard time. And us O's fans can't really give anyone a hard time about attendance. Two days after opening day and we were under 30k for a game with the Red Sox. 

Heard that dozens of loyal Nats fans showed up for the pre-game team festivities for Opening Day.  What time does the wealthy DC political insider crowd arrive once they've left their ties in the car, unbuttoned the top button of their $200 button-down shirt and don that sparkling clean Nats hat they wear twice per year?  

And sit in their $350/seat Lexus seats while eating filet mignon and crab cakes? Ha - I've sat in the club section enough at OPACY, so I can't give them a hard time. And us O's fans can't really give anyone a hard time about attendance. Two days after opening day and we were under 30k for a game with the Red Sox. 

Opening Day is usually different though.  Full disclosure that I'm hearing about the sparse crowd at Nats Park on Twitter.  

Archived