Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What brand?

A local Virginia winery, Doukenie.  I like to support the VA wineries and the local economy.

That is the best show to just have a good old television marathon. House Hunters and Chopped can fill up hours.

For sure...I love the 10 o'clock hour of HH and HH Int'l.  I almost fell off the couch a few weeks ago when my small town in Jersey I grew up in was on the show.   :pimp:

A local Virginia winery, Doukenie. I like to support the VA wineries and the local economy.

For sure...I love the 10 o'clock hour of HH and HH Int'l. I almost fell off the couch a few weeks ago when my small town in Jersey I grew up in was on the show. :pimp:

Arlington is often on it, but they always go to falls church or somewhere way out like loudoun.

I see you've changed your avatar from the Caps to Nats logo. Caps in complete free fall mode right now. Blue Jackets up 2-0 now too which doesn't help, ugh. :(

Pretty ugly game. They're tanking. I'd normally keep my caps avatar until after the season but I decided it's time to look towards baseball.

BTW, DC may be the slowest city to report vote totals. 1 hr 20 minutes after polls closed, and still no votes reported. It's not like turnout was high. Pretty pathetic.

I see you've changed your avatar from the Caps to Nats logo. Caps in complete free fall mode right now. Blue Jackets up 2-0 now too which doesn't help, ugh. :(

I hope they don't make it so they can finally realize that things aren't working as intended.

This is a banter worthy question...

Have any of you had to get rid of a pet because they just don't get along with one of your children? Our male cat didn't take too well to our daughter when she first arrived, settled down, but has gotten much worse recently. Bit her on the head last week and scratched her underneath the eye yesterday. Just missed by about 1/4". She wasn't pulling his tail or anything like that. It happened in front of me. My wife is hesitant to let him go because we rescued him 5 years ago, but I say its time. The little one comes first. 

This is a banter worthy question...

Have any of you had to get rid of a pet because they just don't get along with one of your children? Our male cat didn't take too well to our daughter when she first arrived, settled down, but has gotten much worse recently. Bit her on the head last week and scratched her underneath the eye yesterday. Just missed by about 1/4". She wasn't pulling his tail or anything like that. It happened in front of me. My wife is hesitant to let him go because we rescued him 5 years ago, but I say its time. The little one comes first. 

Can you separate the two (garage or outside)? If not you may have to consider. 

The only real space we have to separate them is in the basement and just the 'unfinished' section that is used for laundry and storage. Certainly not a space where we can keep him at all times and I'd rather just allow someone else to adopt him if it came to that. He's never been an outdoor cat, so I'm not sure how he'd do with that. We have a fair number of foxes and raccoons in the neighborhood. Probably just time to look for some local no kill shelters and hope that someone adopts him. Preferably an older couple that doesn't have younger kids at home. 

Can you separate the two (garage or outside)? If not you may have to consider. 

Archived