• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
April Banter Thread

nj2va

You can hardly give away a free ticket to Nationals games after about the first month of the season (or less). Not much different than to a lot of baseball games in other cities over the course of the season.

Probably because there are way too many games. 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not huge into baseball anymore, but I need to go to a Nats game. There are way too many games but I guess that works out for the casual fan. What would be the best way to get the cheapest ticket?

Stubhub or even get the $5/$10 seats at nationals.com for a weeknight game and hang out in the red porch...you can then move to better seats in the outfield, etc if it's not busy.

For sure. It's always good watching it regardless of who is in contention. Actually being there is something else. Have been three times in recent years and its amazing how sleepy Augusta wakes up for this one week during the year. 

tiger or not I can't wait for the master's.

all this baseball talk. where are the golfers?

<raises hand>

so glad I dumped my masters tickets before Tiger announced he wasn't playing.

1) You got rid of Masters tickets?!

2) Tiger not playing makes that much a difference to you?

I couldn't care less if Tiger weren't playing. Although I kind of like watching him struggle so mightily recently. So in that sense I'd almost rather he played and got left mid-pack or so. I don't completely dislike him, but I can't stand how the media ignores so many other players just to focus on him.

<raises hand>

1) You got rid of Masters tickets?!

2) Tiger not playing makes that much a difference to you?

I couldn't care less if Tiger weren't playing. Although I kind of like watching him struggle so mightily recently. So in that sense I'd almost rather he played and got left mid-pack or so. I don't completely dislike him, but I can't stand how the media ignores so many other players just to focus on him.

I've been before, so getting rid of them this year wasn't a big deal for me.

Def color showing on the tidal basin, but I doubt we'll see peak before next weekend....especially with the clouds and rain on Monday/Tuesday. In fact, most trees only have a few buds that have fully opened. There must have been a hundred or so out taking pics this morning. Certainly could've been more, but that's just a rough estimate on my part. 

13646755574_a47030eeba_z.jpg

Just about everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Starting pitching hasn't been great and the bats are asleep. Add to that Hardy being a bit hurt and Machado not being ready, its going to be tough. Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find any team in baseball that starts with a schedule as difficult as what they face. 

BOS, @DET, @NYY, TOR, TAMPA, @BOS, @TOR is pretty hard to start the season. 

O's need to pick it up.

Just about everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Starting pitching hasn't been great and the bats are asleep. Add to that Hardy being a bit hurt and Machado not being ready, its going to be tough. Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find any team in baseball that starts with a schedule as difficult as what they face. 

BOS, @DET, @NYY, TOR, TAMPA, @BOS, @TOR is pretty hard to start the season.

Too early to panic but there are some real concerns and that schedule does suck. Another thing to consider is that Markakis is just not the same since the wrist injuries. He simply can't drive the ball anymore. If they continue to play poorly in April they are going to dig a deep hole and they'll spend the first half of the season chasing .500. The inability to manufacture runs is also a major problem. We may be an all or nothing offense again.

Just got a new stain glass. Just have to hang it!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice. We have one over the front door that has two blue crabs in some sea grass on one side and black-eyed susans on the other side.

On a completely different note, we were at Oregon Ridge the other week and saw an awesome set of books in the little library they have there, a number of Maryland Weather Service volumes from the late 1800s and early 1900s. If anybody cares at all, they are available on Google Books. Here's the 1899 volume:

http://books.google.com/books?id=VME2AQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=maryland+weather+service&hl=en&sa=X&ei=17NAU-foB6eA2gW8xIGIBw&ved=0CEQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=snow&f=false

Among the gems in this book is a map showing the track of the Great Blizzard of 1899. 

Ok just when is spring officially going to check in? My hands are freezing and there is a nasty virus going around at the girls school and one came home at noon today after getting sick in the health room. The kids are dropping like flies it was standing room only in there. I just would like mother nature to make up her mind.

Archived