• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Welcome to bowling season! (3/29-4/1 disco)

Typhoon Tip

It's hard to when NYC has gotten screwed the whole month of March while places to the north,south and east cashed in.

It is what it is and you just have to deal with it, too stressful otherwise.   I'm a 150mi N of you just E of the Berkshire foothills and March has been a disaster from the mountains to the valley.   < 3" for many.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is what it is and you just have to deal with it, too stressful otherwise.   I'm a 150mi N of you just E of the Berkshire foothills and March has been a disaster from the mountains to the valley.   < 3" for many.

if missing out on a few march snowstorms is stressful you need a therapist

Several 5" amounts on LI...impressive! They beat me on pretty much every event this winter. Angers me to no end!

Well I was wrong... tip o' the cap to DIT.  Technically the 5" amounts weren't in SNE, but I'm not going to use that to justify my comments this morning about 5" being very highly unlikely.

Pretty cool event of the haves and have nots.  These are just the sort of bands you need to get accumulating snow on the last day of March in the larger valleys, lowlands (500ft and lower), and along the ocean/sound.

Just abysmal forecasts for this event... Here's a look at the ZFP while the event had just begun. 

CTZ010-312015-
SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-
734 AM EDT MON MAR 31 2014

.TODAY...RAIN...SNOW AND SLEET THIS MORNING...THEN RAIN THIS
AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION. BREEZY WITH
HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.

NYZ080-312015-
SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-
734 AM EDT MON MAR 31 2014

.TODAY...RAIN...SNOW AND SLEET THIS MORNING...THEN RAIN LIKELY THIS
AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION. WINDY WITH
HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTH WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT. 

CTZ002-312000-
HARTFORD CT-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARTFORD...WINDSOR LOCKS
715 AM EDT MON MAR 31 2014

.TODAY...CLOUDY WITH RAIN...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN LIKELY THIS
MORNING...THEN PARTLY SUNNY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN THIS
AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SLEET ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

get any good hate emails?

Not too bad. The station Facebook page was rough but what can you do.. can't nail 'em all. In retrospect I would have done things a bit differently. Even this morning when I loaded up the 00z NAM/GFS soundings and the 6z RAP soundings nothing really jumped out at me at 4 a.m.

Not too bad. The station Facebook page was rough but what can you do.. can't nail 'em all. In retrospect I would have done things a bit differently. Even this morning when I loaded up the 00z NAM/GFS soundings and the 6z RAP soundings nothing really jumped out at me at 4 a.m.

I hear ya.   I had the radio on while I was showering and the DJ was blasting "Weatherpeople who blew another one"  LOL. 

Archived