• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Welcome to bowling season! (3/29-4/1 disco)

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if I had ice sleet and snow on my hill I would want it plowed, enough cars have crashed at the bottom to fill a junk yard since I lived here. Sensing some epic jealousy here,lol

I'd save my jealousy for more than an inch or two of wet snow. I was merely pointing out how inefficient most towns view plowing less than 2 inches of snow...they usually just sand/salt for amounts less than that.

Can't believe you would even say something like that. :lol:

I'd save my jealousy for more than an inch or two of wet snow. I was merely pointing out how inefficient most towns view plowing less than 2 inches of snow...they usually just sand/salt for amounts less than that.

When they lose ammunition, just blame it on jealousy. I figured one of them would say that.

What a waste of time and money to plow lol. It will be gone by sun down.

Taunton left 4 inches of snow on the roads earlier this year because we we're expecting rain and warm temps the next day.

4 inches is a lot to leave on the road...I would be pissed if that was the case in my town. But under 2 inches is managable with salt and/or sand.

What a waste of time and money to plow lol. It will be gone by sun down.

Taunton left 4 inches of snow on the roads earlier this year because we we're expecting rain and warm temps the next day.

So when the kindergarten kids get dropped off by the school buses at 11:50 today..and the roads are snow/ice covered and 

1) someone falls and gets hurt

2)the buses can't make it up the hills

3) a bus slides off the road.

and the town is sued by parent(s) for not making the roads safe..then what?

So when the kindergarten kids get dropped off by the school buses at 11:50 today..and the roads are snow/ice covered and 

All I will say about that is those are some pretty sh**ty school buses if they cant handle an inch or two of snow. Put some salt down.

The state is notorious for plowing when they should not.  All season long they have come out when not necessary, scraping the pavement (I live on a state road).  All I can think is that there is some workers union component in there making this happen.  It is very disheartening knowing that the state always complains about their plowing budget and nonsense like this happens all season long.  Although today I have not seen a plow come by.

of course I was joking using line's from posts of old. Lol even Garth up the road saw flakes while I saw nada

Greenfield DPW has a 2"+ plow rule. Under that and you will only see sanders at most but we're a little tougher up here in the NW territories of SNE.

Screw lawsuits...everything is a lawsuit.  

Slipping, sliding, falling, and accidents are all part of the winter experience.  

4 inches is a lot to leave on the road...I would be pissed if that was the case in my town. But under 2 inches is managable with salt and/or sand.

Yeah they left the sideroads completely untouched. At the time I was pissed, but it is what it is.

I thought most towns had it in contracts with private operators that they don't plow unless there is greater than 2 inches

1) Who's walking on the street? They deserved to get hurt if that's the case.

2) Buses can make it up 1.5" of slush where tires go right to the pavement. Sounds like Tolland has no safety precautions if bus tires are bald.

3) Bald tires by poor oversight of Tolland school district will cause buses to slide.

Archived