• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Welcome to bowling season! (3/29-4/1 disco)

Typhoon Tip

upton snowfall totals

CONNECTICUT

...FAIRFIELD COUNTY...

SHELTON 0.8 936 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

BRIDGEPORT AIRPORT 0.7 956 AM 3/31 COOP OBSERVER

NEW CANAAN 0.5 839 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

...NEW HAVEN COUNTY...

NORTH HAVEN 3.5 1001 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

MERIDEN 3.0 904 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

NORTH HAVEN 3.0 1042 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

HAMDEN 2.5 1034 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

WOODBRIDGE 2.5 1113 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

EAST HAVEN 2.5 941 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

GUILFORD 1.5 1024 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

WOLCOTT 0.7 1001 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

NEW YORK

...NASSAU COUNTY...

ALBERTSON 1.3 1021 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

LEVITTOWN 1.2 833 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

PLAINVIEW 1.0 800 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

WANTAGH 0.9 910 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

...SUFFOLK COUNTY...

SELDEN 5.1 1105 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

CORAM 5.0 1117 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

LAKE GROVE 5.0 1029 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

ISLIP AIRPORT 4.6 1114 AM 3/31 FAA CONTRACT OBSERVER

LAKE RONKONKOMA 4.3 1122 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

CENTEREACH 4.3 1108 AM 3/31 NWS EMPLOYEE

STONY BROOK 4.2 1003 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

SAYVILLE 4.0 1044 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

YAPHANK 4.0 1113 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

RONKONKOMA 4.0 1027 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

OAKDALE 4.0 1003 AM 3/31 NWS EMPLOYEE

1 N HAUPPAUGE 3.4 1003 AM 3/31 NWS EMPLOYEE

SAYVILLE 3.0 900 AM 3/31 NWS EMPLOYEE

WEST ISLIP 3.0 1027 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

BAY SHORE 3.0 1121 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

UPTON 2.5 1126 AM 3/31 NWS OFFICE

RIDGE 2.0 1038 AM 3/31 PUBLIC

Several 5" amounts on LI...impressive! They beat me on pretty much every event this winter. Angers me to no end!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling it an even 2.0" here in downtown New Haven. It kind of "looked" like more, but the snow is so thick and gloppy that it's pushed around all over the place into some bigger piles. Someone at work said they had 5" in Middletown - but I'm guessing it was the same effect, just eye-balling that it appeared to be 5".

The highest totals in Connecticut are coming in along a corridor near I-91 from North Haven up to about Middletown/Cromwell. 3-4" or so, but that's a relatively small area covering just a few towns.

Ugh, I made the mistake of driving to work just now. 10 miles --> 55 minutes. Southbound I-91 through Cromwell is a mess: not plowed, compacted ice all over (feels like you're driving over those EZ Pass tollbooth grooves in the roads) and miles of entire lanes unavailable. Traffic level is, of course, badly affected by missing lanes (dead-stopped at times). Side roads have not been touched at all, grooves for the tires but mounds in the middle, puddled water everywhere.

Temps are slowly rising through 34/35 so risk of re-freeze is low right now, though forecast to go to the high 20s tonight.

It's clear state and local were caught offguard by this storm.

nice report

It's hard to when NYC has gotten screwed the whole month of March while places to the north,south and east cashed in.

NYC had close to 5 feet of snow.   How is that not cashing in?   Other places simply caught up in March-if someone said on 12/1 that you'd be getting 5 feet of snow, I think you would have taken that and ran.

Calling it an even 2.0" here in downtown New Haven. It kind of "looked" like more, but the snow is so thick and gloppy that it's pushed around all over the place into some bigger piles. Someone at work said they had 5" in Middletown - but I'm guessing it was the same effect, just eye-balling that it appeared to be 5".

The highest totals in Connecticut are coming in along a corridor near I-91 from North Haven up to about Middletown/Cromwell. 3-4" or so, but that's a relatively small area covering just a few towns.

Definitely not 5" in downtown Middeltown (I measured just over 3").  I wouldn't rule it out in the far western section of the town near the Meriden border, though.

Our middle and high school has 5 towns feeding into it. The bus routes are quite long and can't drop off every driveway so the precious snowflakes don't get splashed

True about the regional school system. I'm not being ignorant....just wasn't aware of that. Now walking 1.5 miles from school...I understand that part.

deal with it

Come on...we're all weenies. We all get a little miffed when places that we're supposed to beat snowfall-wise cash in again and again. It adds up. I haven't even broke 50" here (around 48" total)...yet places on LI to my south are probably pushing 70" on the year. It's frustrating. You think everyone on the forum was thrilled back in 2010-11 (is that the right year?) when the DC-PHL corridor was getting back to back KU's while we weren't even smoking cirrus? Yeah...we make up for those sorts of anomalies over several years...but we wouldn't be weenies if it didn't bother us a bit when it happened.

Come on...we're all weenies. We all get a little miffed when places that we're supposed to beat snowfall-wise cash in again and again. It adds up. I haven't even broke 50" here (around 48" total)...yet places on LI to my south are probably pushing 70" on the year. It's frustrating. You think everyone on the forum was thrilled back in 2010-11 (is that the right year?) when the DC-PHL corridor was getting back to back KU's while we weren't even smoking cirrus? Yeah...we make up for those sorts of anomalies over several years...but we wouldn't be weenies if it didn't bother us a bit when it happened.

I get it, but we have to see the forest between the trees...we did damn well this year, the March screwgie will be a footnote as time goes by.   Don't think anyone looks at 77-78 and says, wow we got the shaft after the Blizz of 78 (no measureable snow after that)

you have much more of a right to complain than someone in NYC

I get it, but we have to see the forest between the trees...we did damn well this year, the March screwgie will be a footnote as time goes by.   Don't think anyone looks at 77-78 and says, wow we got the shaft after the Blizz of 78 (no measureable snow after that)

Well to be fair...LI has cashed in all year. I had 10 events this year that were 2"+...I'd be surprised if LI didn't beat me on snowfall in at least 6 of those events. Of course my 48" this year was above average and an overall good year...but it was a little frustrating to see how close I was to 60"+ which could've made it borderline epic for this area. When one storm makes the difference, I get over it a lot easier than when it seems to be an overall seasonal pattern of screwage for my area. But that said, it was a good winter and I will get over it. Just fitting that the season likely ends with one more LI jackpot.

you have much more of a right to complain than someone in NYC

ah...I read his location as Brooklyn CT...which had me scratching my head why he was saying he was so much closer to LI than I was. Still, I don't mind defending a reasonable amount of weenie-ish behavior from posters...those feelings are in us all...some just have more trouble keeping it in than others.

Archived