• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Welcome to bowling season! (3/29-4/1 disco)

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the VT pony-Os will disagree, but ratios are so overrated. I will take 8" of paste over a foot of sublimation delight. Hands down. I know some of you weenies want to pad the stats with numbers, but I'm actually beginning to dislike fluff. Jan 21 did it for me. Screw that.

I know the VT pony-Os will disagree, but ratios are so overrated. I will take 8" of paste over a foot of sublimation delight. Hands down. I know some of you weenies want to pad the stats with numbers, but I'm actually beginning to dislike fluff. Jan 21 did it for me. Screw that.

Agreed

Fluff sucks. We just kept 28 inches of snow lasting from Feb 17 thru Morch 22 or so of ice and waterlogged pack. Cape fluff goes in 2 days

Looks like the carnival is to a fantastic start. Deep lines and plenty of smiling children

@petermarteka: Coleman Brothers Carnival in #Middletown opened in 1915 with merry-go-round. $30 loan from priest kept carnival going http://t.co/3xaBblqaY9

lol at your tweet.

I don't get the $30.00 loan thing.  I assume that was back in 1915?

Looks like the carnival is to a fantastic start. Deep lines and plenty of smiling children

@petermarteka: Coleman Brothers Carnival in #Middletown opened in 1915 with merry-go-round. $30 loan from priest kept carnival going http://t.co/3xaBblqaY9

Snow cones and bobbing for apples

Dunk tanks and water slides

Dc north or NYC north?

Might be more NYC north. It's possible late April warms here like some want, but my guess is April is BN here...especially NE of NYC. JMHO. I need to see why and how this pattern will break. Evidence shown as to why early April will he warm was a Phail.

Mjo voodoo nonsense FTL

Pattern stability> MJO. I will say that it was the tropical convection that helped drive this pattern...but things like kelvin waves etc that helped drive conviction in other parts of the globe simply could not override the pattern. I think the westerly wind bursts in this developing Niño helped keep this pattern stable for now.

Maybe, but I'd rather have 1" precip make 15" than 6" - easier on the snowblower and better for bragging.  :lmao:  

An extreme example was two storms just over a week apart some years ago.  The first had 1.63" and the 2nd had 1.55" - Dec. 6-7, 2003 brought 24" and the 15th just 13".  Easy to pick which one was the more memorable.  And when it comes to snowpack retention, IMO a given quantity of frozen precip is pretty much the same whether it's 3:1 IP or 18:1 fluff.  (Ice armor is the exception.)

Archived