• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Welcome to bowling season! (3/29-4/1 disco)

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL..who has a carnival in March?

Tough opening for Coleman Brothers Carnival in #Middletown. Tons of rain over weekend, now 3 inches of snow. pic.twitter.com/prEqjaZV9m

Lived up there for a year when I first moved to CT. Remember driving past wondering what the hell they were doing. But seems they do it every year. Must get some dirt cheap prices on carnival rides/booths this time of year.

1) Are the buses driving up onto lawns,flowerbeds, and driveways to let the kids off..or do the kids get off on the streets?

2)Cars were stuck on gentle inclines all over the tri state this morning 

3) The bus companies that own the majority of the towns and cities school buses are located in Kansas and Missouri..and are responsible for contracting repairs, etc..

Kids are let off by the sidewalks, not on the median of I-84. Get a new bus company with those exorbitant taxes.

Lived up there for a year when I first moved to CT. Remember driving past wondering what the hell they were doing. But seems they do it every year. Must get some dirt cheap prices on carnival rides/booths this time of year.

So kids are riding joyously on the Merry Go Round in parkas and hats enjoying ice cream and cotton candy ? I'd love to talk to the genius who set that idea up

Peter Marteka ‏@petermarteka[/size]  8m

Tough opening for Coleman Brothers Carnival in #Middletown. Tons of rain over weekend, now 3 inches of snow. pic.twitter.com/prEqjaZV9m

probably memories of 2012. the public doesn't understand how weather works. a teacher friend of mine told me the district here allocated a small number of snow days because it didn't snow that much last winter. now they had to eat into spring break and other holidays

this system gave a bit of love to some of the dv baldspots so to speak.....kinda cool and the areas in ct and li who reigned supreme in the blizz last feb continue to keep the crown....amazing lol.....if someone had told me twenty years ago meriden to wallinford ct and islip to orient pt li would be snow capitals in subsequent winters i wouldve bet the farm theyd be wrong and id be homeless lol

probably memories of 2012. the public doesn't understand how weather works. a teacher friend of mine told me the district here allocated a small number of snow days because it didn't snow that much last winter. now they had to eat into spring break and other holidays

Did your friend tell you how many snow days your district had this school year?

We are running into that kind of thing where I work, too. They just did a survey about next year's calendar and 1 version assumes we would only get 2 days of snow days next year. We had 9 last year and 5 this year.  I guess 2 makes sense :axe:

They must have gotten a bargain rate on the rides...yeah, can't imagine turnout is good unless we have a March 2012 redux

Looks fun

I lol'd.

I know that there are some theme parks in Asia that are open during snowy months.  I'm a coaster enthusiast and have seen many videos with folks going on roller coasters in the snow, wearing full winter gear.

My son walks 3/4 of a mile from where his bus drops off. My daughter 1/4 mile.   No big deal.  I used to walk 1.75 miles, but we had sidewalks

Up a steep incline, both ways in 3 feet of snow?

lol @ emotions running high as we exit March with a bit of snow.

lol jokes turned into uncalled for comments,oh how the tables have turned. Meanwhile still dealing with Moms basement, my road reopened as levels dropped. Interesting how just 3+ inches of rain flooded from this type low flow ,took this pic late summer and the flow was similar FridayIMG_698240002669508.jpeg

To this with just 3+ inches of water,apparently all runoff due to frost in the ground. Seen similar spring qpf have not nearly the effect. Worrys about heavy qpf events in the next 10 days as River levels are very very high

0330141335a.jpg

Ugh, I made the mistake of driving to work just now. 10 miles --> 55 minutes. Southbound I-91 through Cromwell is a mess: not plowed, compacted ice all over (feels like you're driving over those EZ Pass tollbooth grooves in the roads) and miles of entire lanes unavailable. Traffic level is, of course, badly affected by missing lanes (dead-stopped at times). Side roads have not been touched at all, grooves for the tires but mounds in the middle, puddled water everywhere.

Temps are slowly rising through 34/35 so risk of re-freeze is low right now, though forecast to go to the high 20s tonight.

It's clear state and local were caught offguard by this storm.

My son walks 3/4 of a mile from where his bus drops off. My daughter 1/4 mile.   No big deal.  I used to walk 1.75 miles, but we had sidewalks

I've never heard of dropping kids off and walking another mile or whatever it is.  Figured they are dropped off close to the house.

CONNECTICUT

...FAIRFIELD COUNTY...
SHELTON 0.8 936 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER
BRIDGEPORT AIRPORT 0.7 956 AM 3/31 COOP OBSERVER
NEW CANAAN 0.5 839 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER

...NEW HAVEN COUNTY...
NORTH HAVEN 3.5 1001 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER
MERIDEN 3.0 904 AM 3/31 PUBLIC
NORTH HAVEN 3.0 1042 AM 3/31 PUBLIC
HAMDEN 2.5 1034 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER
WOODBRIDGE 2.5 1113 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER
EAST HAVEN 2.5 941 AM 3/31 TRAINED SPOTTER