• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Welcome to bowling season! (3/29-4/1 disco)

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be more NYC north. It's possible late April warms here like some want, but my guess is April is BN here...especially NE of NYC. JMHO. I need to see why and how this pattern will break. Evidence shown as to why early April will he warm was a Phail.

It definitely reeks of a pattern that is mid Atlantic mild maybe even into s ct while we are cool with transient warmth

I know the VT pony-Os will disagree, but ratios are so overrated. I will take 8" of paste over a foot of sublimation delight. Hands down. I know some of you weenies want to pad the stats with numbers, but I'm actually beginning to dislike fluff. Jan 21 did it for me. Screw that.

I could care less about the ratios, just give me the snow. If it's a debate over fluff or no snow, I'll take the fluff. The way I look at it is the synoptic storms should be dense snow makers, and then we can get the fluff through upslope. I can see why you guys would hate it if you track a storm for a week and get 12" of fluff that disappears quickly and then you don't know when your next event will be...but what if you could have that dense synoptic storm and then throw in several 2-5" fluffers to refresh the wintery look inbetween the synoptic events?

All snow is good snow, IMO. If the alternative in January 21 event was no snow, I'm assuming you'd take the fluff. I agree that synoptic storms should be dense and pasty. But snow usually settles to 8:1 or 10:1 ratio anyway if it's fluff after a day or two. So if you are getting 1.0" of QPF, does it really matter if you get 16" or 10"? You're still melting the same amount of QPF and I bet they'd both be at about the same depth as each other 3 days later.

I could care less about the ratios, just give me the snow. If it's a debate over fluff or no snow, I'll take the fluff. The way I look at it is the synoptic storms should be dense snow makers, and then we can get the fluff through upslope. I can see why you guys would hate it if you track a storm for a week and get 12" of fluff that disappears quickly and then you don't know when your next event will be...but what if you could have that dense synoptic storm and then throw in several 2-5" fluffers to refresh the wintery look inbetween the synoptic events?

All snow is good snow, IMO. If the alternative in January 21 event was no snow, I'm assuming you'd take the fluff. I agree that synoptic storms should be dense and pasty. But snow usually settles to 8:1 or 10:1 ratio anyway if it's fluff after a day or two. So if you are getting 1.0" of QPF, does it really matter if you get 16" or 10"? You're still melting the same amount of QPF and I bet they'd both be at about the same depth as each other 3 days later.

I think my argument got taken out of context. I totally understand why you like fluff because 2 days later you'll get another 8" and so on and so on, not to mention skiing. My argument was if it came to like 8" of paste vs 12" of see through fluff...I would choose the former. We just don't have the frequency of fluff events to build on like you do. If it were 15" of fluff vs 8" of paste, then I think fluff wins in that case simply because of the amount of snow falling.

Yeah I get ya now...I would take the paste too. I just enjoy the big plastering QPF events. But I still think it comes down to QPF (Queen)...if you are getting 8" of paste with 1" of SWE or 12" fluff with a SWE of 0.5"...go with that paste every time. I think you just want to go with the higher QPF (whether it's fluff or cement) as the more liquid in it the longer it sticks around.

Yeah I get ya now...I would take the paste too. I just enjoy the big plastering QPF events. But I still think it comes down to QPF (Queen)...if you are getting 8" of paste with 1" of SWE or 12" fluff with a SWE of 0.5"...go with that paste every time. I think you just want to go with the higher QPF (whether it's fluff or cement) as the more liquid in it the longer it sticks around.

And the heavier it falls.

Archived