• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

My wife thinks that running the aquabot thing every day will kill it in one season. I would think they're more durable than that. Any experience/thoughts on that?

Only run it when the pool needs to be cleaned. If you run it every night you will wear out the drive belts before the season is over.

The belts can be replaced DIY but its not easy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murderous fireblight seems to be sweeping in around me.  Crabapples and pears turning almost entirely brown. :yikes:

The white pine fungus that is around as a result of last summers excessive rain has had the unexpected benefit of completely stopping the annual green clouds of pollen.  It should have happened weeks ago but never did.

Murderous fireblight seems to be sweeping in around me.  Crabapples and pears turning almost entirely brown. :yikes:

The white pine fungus that is around as a result of last summers excessive rain has had the unexpected benefit of completely stopping the annual green clouds of pollen.  It should have happened weeks ago but never did.

We had a couple semi bad days, but nothing epic. My crab apple and pears seem OK so far too.

Nice looking outdoor shower.  Big, they way an outdoor shower should be.

My old house is for sale and I was looking through the photos of it posted on Zillow.  I sold this house 9 years ago.  Apparently the current owners kept the shower I put in when I was living there.  Even the concrete block on which I put the soap and shampoo is still there:

post-1620-0-23135000-1404136370_thumb.jp

Nice looking outdoor shower.  Big, they way an outdoor shower should be.

My old house is for sale and I was looking through the photos of it posted on Zillow.  I sold this house 9 years ago.  Apparently the current owners kept the shower I put in when I was living there.  Even the concrete block on which I put the soap and shampoo is still there:

attachicon.gifBarrington outdoor shower.jpg

That's funny.  I checked Zillow yesterday to see what they were currently saying about my house from back when I lived in Worcester.  Low and behold, it's now on the market (about 10 years after we sold it).  It was fun to see the interior shots--and to see how little they changed some things....

I have to modify my deck thats next to the shower. I'm adding stairs.  I want the kids to not have to run over the grass after they've taken a  shower.

I started my shower as red cedar.  Got through the door and quickly realized I was looking at $1,500 - $2,000 in cedar.  So the door is cedar and the rest of the structure is PT.  Trex for the floor. 

It's illegal in Massachusetts to have an outdoor shower that's not tied into your septic. "Gray water".  Most plumbers will not do the job. Mine is tied into my septic ;)

I have to modify my deck thats next to the shower. I'm adding stairs.  I want the kids to not have to run over the grass after they've taken a  shower.

I started my shower as red cedar.  Got through the door and quickly realized I was looking at $1,500 - $2,000 in cedar.  So the door is cedar and the rest of the structure is PT.  Trex for the floor. 

It's illegal in Massachusetts to have an outdoor shower that's not tied into your septic. "Gray water".  Most plumbers will not do the job. Mine is tied into my septic ;)

Massachusetts is ridiculous.

Still one of the lone holdouts on fireworks as well, since we are in the season lol

They need to publicly warn people to not go to every surrounding state to by fireworks.  No one listens.  Once again money sent out of state.  When they try and get the law changed it gets shot down in committee.

My neighbor spent $10k this year.

That's funny. I checked Zillow yesterday to see what they were currently saying about my house from back when I lived in Worcester. Low and behold, it's now on the market (about 10 years after we sold it). It was fun to see the interior shots--and to see how little they changed some things....

On my old house they put a new floor in the kitchen and replaced the kitchen countertops. Everything else is literally exactly the way it was when I sold it.

They need to publicly warn people to not go to every surrounding state to by fireworks. No one listens. Once again money sent out of state. When they try and get the law changed it gets shot down in committee.

Right, its insane. Money that could be spent in state, going to all the surrounding states. It stops nobody, yet the state will continue to keep it illegal and make nothing off of it.

Its pretty incredible how adamant our reps are in keeping them illegal

Consumer fireworks is a lucrative business

Still one of the lone holdouts on fireworks as well, since we are in the season lol

Maine legalized certain pyrotechnics a couple years ago. When I was about 50 years younger, that would have mattered - a favorite memory of that time was helping my best friend correctly (meaning, loud as possible - the spillway pipes between the community's two larger ponds worked great) diospose of a half-gross of ashcans. Now, I'm much less interested, especially since very few people live close enough to truly "enjoy" anything I'd set off at home.

Maine legalized certain pyrotechnics a couple years ago. When I was about 50 years younger, that would have mattered - a favorite memory of that time was helping my best friend correctly (meaning, loud as possible - the spillway pipes between the community's two larger ponds worked great) diospose of a half-gross of ashcans. Now, I'm much less interested, especially since very few people live close enough to truly "enjoy" anything I'd set off at home.

I have no desire to watch fireworks.  I bring my daughter to see them, but I'd prefer to read a book. 

They need to publicly warn people to not go to every surrounding state to by fireworks.  No one listens.  Once again money sent out of state.  When they try and get the law changed it gets shot down in committee.

I was at Oldham Pond in Pembroke the other day, and the guy was building an arsenal...like something you'd see on a barge in the Charles River..lol. He's a pyro technician I guess. FTW.

Outdoor showers are amazing. I didn't realize they were illegal unless tied into sewerage. I guess mine would have to go into the plumbing since I have no septic.

Cash is king.  "Was here when I bought the house."

The only place I've heard of trouble is with the overzealous conservation commissions on the Cape. The ones who won't let you put fertilizer down on your lawn and consider hydrangeas to be an invasive species.

Outdoor showers are amazing. I didn't realize they were illegal unless tied into sewerage. I guess mine would have to go into the plumbing since I have no septic.

serious question here. what is the purpose of outdoor shower? i mean, if you are on the beach or maybe near a lake i get it. but if not?

serious question here. what is the purpose of outdoor shower? i mean, if you are on the beach or maybe near a lake i get it. but if not?

I agree, Not very useful to me unless your in that environment, Just something else to winterize as well so pipes don't freeze

Archived