CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also keeps excess moisture out of the house during high dews season which means the house is more comfortable and the AC doesn't work as hard. The inside shower stays drier and cleaner and is less likely to grow mold.

Also, you dry off quicker outside. But the best reason as already posted is that freeballing in the sunshine of a warm summer's day is one of life's truely enjoyable experiences.

Right, its insane. Money that could be spent in state, going to all the surrounding states. It stops nobody, yet the state will continue to keep it illegal and make nothing off of it.

Its pretty incredible how adamant our reps are in keeping them illegal

Consumer fireworks is a lucrative business

And they spend time and money on hiway signs telling us they're illegal...

My gardening friends have said that although things are 1-2 weeks behind, it should be a big crop of cukes, tomatoes, squash

Any melons?

Yeah, I am actually a bit ahead this year, But there looks to be a lot of cuke flowers, Last year i did squash but had issues with squash bugs, Did not do it this year and had some reappear on my cukes, But i dusted them with sevin and it seems to have taken care of them for now, No melons, But i have Cauliflower, Beef Steak Tomatoes, Pole beans, Cukes, Leaf Lettuce, Cherry tomatoes, Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts

Looks great. No veggies for us this year. Expanded some flower beds and we have a great farm stand 2 miles away

Thanks, I have a veggie stand about a half mile away from me, But i feel better rewarded when they are my own, I may take a crack at some flowers next year as well, Don't think i would have much of a problem growing them.... :)

Irrigation FTW

attachicon.gifPicture 27.JPG

What are the plants in the center with the yellow flowerlets? My first thought was broccoli, but unless you were trying to grow/save seed, I'd think you would've picked it long before it got that far.

And your garden is a month, at least, ahead of mine (though mine still was snow-covered on April 20.)

What are the plants in the center with the yellow flowerlets? My first thought was broccoli, but unless you were trying to grow/save seed, I'd think you would've picked it long before it got that far.

And your garden is a month, at least, ahead of mine (though mine still was snow-covered on April 20.)

It is the Broccoli, I let it go to far, Going to have to trim those off, That is the advantage of the containers, Getting an early start up

• 2 weeks later...

Couple things:

1)Red thread running rampant this year. It's even hit my yard..awful

2)Gonna be a big acorn year..they are already coming down and squirrels are up in trees chewing off the little branches and when they come down are loaded with little acorns

3) Does anyone in SNE have any flowers on their hydrangeas this year? Around here they are half the height they usually are with no flowers. The frigid winter killed them to the ground. When i was in FMH last week, theirs had flowers, but small ones..nothing big like you usually see

Noty enough rain for red thread here. Been dry overall. Hydrangeas are also not what they were last year.

We haven't had that much rain here either..but it's the worst I've ever seen it. Every yard has it. I put down Merit yesterday..so hopefully after the rains this week and shot of Nitrogen it will get rid of it over the next few weeks

At least you have flowers. Noone has any around here..I had to cut all the dead sticks way down. They look awful

We haven't had that much rain here either..but it's the worst I've ever seen it. Every yard has it. I put down Merit yesterday..so hopefully after the rains this week and shot of Nitrogen it will get rid of it over the next few weeks

At least you have flowers. Noone has any around here..I had to cut all the dead sticks way down. They look awful

The ones that had flowers were bought at a nursery. The one we had already here is greatly stunted.

Is that why everyone's lawn looks like it has streaks of dead grass?

Archived