joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody even followed the GFS at 18z. Woooow. I mean it sucked again haha.

Was actually a little better for cape cod. Rgem and nam both moved .5 se

I don't really care about the 18z. This looks way offshore to me and it's getting too far east. C-2 here.

Rap is getting worse and worse. Not a good sign when the model that's always too far NW can barely get precip onshore by 14 hours on the 21z. Seems like it's time to bail on this one.

Wow.  He ended up going there?  Kind of surprised seeing that this thing could have been/ be nothing in the end.  I don't think I get the Weather Channel any more on my DirecTV. I haven't checked in a while but I think there was a contract issue going on a few weeks back that ended in the Weather Channel being cut.

Yeah... DirectTV and TWC didnt renew.... I wonder if CC gets stiffed they redirect him to either DownEast, or Halifax.  But they sound pretty sure of getting blizzard conditions over Jim, with near hurricane gusts  from late tonight through noon tomorrow, and then backing off to 40-50mph gusts through midnight...  Should be fun to watch, it if happens.

Yeah... DirectTV and TWC didnt renew.... I wonder if CC gets stiffed they redirect him to either DownEast, or Halifax. But they sound pretty sure of getting blizzard conditions over Jim, with near hurricane gusts from late tonight through noon tomorrow, and then backing off to 40-50mph gusts through midnight... Should be fun to watch, it if happens.

They should be able to get good footage between the wind, snow and spray out there.

I don't spend much time on the rap and hrrr usually. Hope they're really wrong or this one is on it's third spin around the bowl and about to get sucked down. Advisory level accumulations would be held to extreme eastern cape cod and ack.

Was actually a little better for cape cod. Rgem and nam both moved .5 se

I don't really care about the 18z. This looks way offshore to me and it's getting too far east. C-2 here.

Rap is getting worse and worse. Not a good sign when the model that's always too far NW can barely get precip onshore by 14 hours on the 21z. Seems like it's time to bail on this one.

You came out of the bushes for this one with great pbp and analysis...and you get bent over like an alter boy at midnight on Easter. But I hope this doesnt haunt you as much.

This is kind of what I thought too, at least within the 6 day period.  There always seemed to be that OTS, with a good chance on the cape scenario, which seems to be what will happen in the end.  All it took was a few weenie solutions that shifted everything west throughout the life of this system to send everyone into full blown Oscar Meyer hot dog mode.

I thought you were dead.....welcome back. ;)

I really hate the fact that the se trends occurs predominately when most of sne is initially in the jackpot. But when we need a se trend to trend us from rain to snow, it rarely happens.

Thats my in depth analysis for the day, thanks.

the euro showed a new england jackpot for days before the blizzard last feb

It did...unfortunately i was living in NC last feb, ugh.

But what i was saying is that the SE trend seems to always be unfavorable...like we hardly get a SE trend when the intial forecast is a cutter into buffalo.

Haha see I feel the opposite, always get the SE trend when I don't want it, putting you guys into the snow.

You always remember what you can't have or almost had though. Like up here I'm never worried about a NW trend in any systems for whatever reason.

Haha see I feel the opposite, always get the SE trend when I don't want it, putting you guys into the snow.

You always remember what you can't have or almost had though. Like up here I'm never worried about a NW trend in any systems for whatever reason.

The mind games of tracking this stuff for sure...but yea, ur right.

Archived