joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, if I had to forecast, west of the canal up along Plymouth county coating to 2" due mainly to OES.  Canal east 1-3" up to about exit 5.  East of exit 5 it ramps up very quickly from a couple/4" to maybe a foot or so on ACK.  Pivot point being for the main snows around Barnstable/Dennis/Hyannis.

I will go coating to 2" here, I think OE should still play for a bit even if most of the storm snow misses.  Really windy, nasty day incoming.

that going negative is impressive, time that 3 hrs earlier and PV gets croaked, this storm is immense, surprises good and bad happen.

We will see, I think there could be some positive surprises for parts of maine at the continued expense of cape cod as the offshore low really ramps up and later pinwheels N but too far east for most of SNE.

Wednesday looks miserable, screaming ocean winds, cold, raw, snow in the air but overall a tale of what could have been IMBY.  I bet Ackwaves gets smoked though, probably one of his biggest march events ever?  Phil is so much on the fence.

We will see, I think there could be some positive surprises for parts of maine at the continued expense of cape cod as the offshore low really ramps up and later pinwheels N but too far east for most of SNE.

Wednesday looks miserable, screaming ocean winds, cold, raw, snow in the air but overall a tale of what could have been IMBY.  I bet Ackwaves gets smoked though, probably one of his biggest march events ever?  Phil is so much on the fence.

I keep mentioning 3/29/84 as a good one out here. That one didn't have much snow but the wind was right up there for March storms.

I keep mentioning 3/29/84 as a good one out here. That one didn't have much snow but the wind was right up there for March storms.

ACK has a big milestone to reach if they ever wanted to get their largest March storm ever....31" fell in the Mar 3, 1960 storm there.

Archived