12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are outraged that school isn't called off here yet. Its like they look at a weenie map 5 days ago, and never look again. My boss told me today Bridgewater was getting 8-12. I told him there's a better shot we may not see a single flake lol

I have Boston-area colleagues who live on the south shore who mentioned today that they were taking work home "for tomorrow's snow day." It really is funny how people can lock onto something that they saw or heard days earlier. 

I heard somebody use the January 1989 storm as an analog. That was studied as part of the ERICA project and underwent a strong warm seclusion, 66 mb pressure fall in 18 hours.

That's one of them. I believe it blitzed the M.A with a heavy snow fall in < 12 hours or so. We were routing a vessel westbound to ORF. It got hammered by 60kt winds and waves near 40 feet. Vessel sustained some damage including to the bridge

That's one of them. I believe it blitzed the M.A with a heavy snow fall in < 12 hours or so. We were routing a vessel westbound to ORF. It got hammered by 60kt winds and waves near 40 feet. Vessel sustained some damage including to the bridge

hopefully no ships in this path, The IKE is crazy

fair number of freighters/tankers out there but that's about it

http://shipfinder.co/

Canada is in trouble, this is 112 mph

Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets changing to rain after midnight. Snow and ice pellet amount 15 cm. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Blowing snow in the evening. Wind east 100 km/h gusting to 130 except gusting to 180 in the Wreckhouse area in the evening and after midnight.

Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets changing to rain after midnight. Snow and ice pellet amount 15 cm. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Blowing snow in the evening. Wind east 100 km/h gusting to 130 except gusting to 180 in the Wreckhouse area in the evening and after midnight.

It's a storm for the ages.  I just don't know still if it's going to be memorable for here or not.  RGEM didn't bite, RAP/HRRR/RGEM pretty much all in agreement.

Radar is impressive we're seeing those first bands fly NW now south of ACK.  WV imagery shows the leaf developing very quickly.  RGEM pauses that for a bit as the original low draws up and then ignites everything late tonight.  That little bobble is enough.

It "looks" like this all wants to come together now.

Don't think it gets that name for those clear and calm days.

This is brutal for the forecasters tonight.  NAM/4km NAM consolidate the low very quickly this evening.  That might be a little suspect given what we knew earlier about the extension SE.   NAM says that's mostly/totally gone within another hour or two.  RGEM holds onto that eastern extension in an elongated fashion and delays bgenesis just a tiny bit later.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20140326&endTime=-1&duration=5

Archived