• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

Little surprised by how the radar looks, 15dbz gap over the eastern 1/3 of the Cape just west of the really heavy band.  The stuff over me is what's left over from band one and also no doubt partly being driven by OE.

I don't see that band offshore making it much further, it'll rotate up and maybe skim the arm of the Cape, but we'll need to rely on some other stuff to its west.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds are very impressive with this thing so far southeast of the benchmark. I can only imagine if this had tucked in to hit the region, 100 mph gusts on the cape and islands?

Even 40-50 miles further NW and parts of the Cape would have had 2' of snow and gusts to 100 I think.

Stuff here has the consistency now of OES, big flakes.

OT but Mass DOT out absolutely dumping salt on the roads in BOS. They have the salters cranked to level 10.  There's zero snow and 1/2 " of salt on the roads. "Use it or lose it" budget planning.

lol.

Sounds like what CT would do.

Some decent wind gusts right now, and overcast.  That will most likely be the theme of the day here.

Hope to see some of you guys post pics - ackwaves, messenger, and Phil if he's around. 

They've actually had that for like the past 2-3 days. Very reasonable IMO.

Aside of what was posted here I never looked at the TV for this storm, I'm a Nielsen nightmare.

The NAM showed a rapid push west of this most intense band that's just off the Cape in the next 30 minutes.  Basically had it all the way back to the canal by 930/10.  It's trying, but the intensity of the band seems to be limited to offshore and just NW of it is in a 15dbz area of some subsidence.

Back this way we've managed to get the consolation prize.  Nice OE contribution and the remnants of the outer band are keeping visibilities at or below 1/4

ACK just gusted to 83 mph

That's pretty incredible for a storm hundreds of miles offshore, there must be quite a bit of wind damage going on there with gusts that high. Sandy only gusted to about 90 mph where I was and I was in the right front quadrant near NYC. I can't imagine how strong the gusts must be in the worst of the storm, 100+ mph? That's enough to rip some roofs off.

Looks to be 3-4 inches or so?

ACK was in the main band for awhile before it faded.  They're struggling to get back into that epic band.  Water vapor shows the best push west is right now, looks like 5h is closed off. Now or never.

I'm hanging onto the much weaker outer band.   Coupled with OES it's reduced visibility consistently to 1/3 or less.  It's nasty.

You can see the dual bands on the radar.  The strongest ocean band continues to rob a bit to the NW.  Need that to come west now.

post-3232-0-30462900-1395839528_thumb.jp

post-3232-0-47068400-1395839692_thumb.jp

Archived