12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PV check out kdox radar ML is tucked in a little bit,might be your little push west you need later

Hurts that their are so few buoys still working.   That looks to be part of the pivoting but it's going to rotate east I think. 

Notice the stuff south of Block...is really struggling to get past the wall.  We've had moisture piling NW for awhile but it's getting walled up.  I don't know, NAM solutions seem suspicious to me...tossing.

I think the main focus is still east.  Not sure what the NAM was smoking.

RGEM cut back and this would match all of my earlier thoughts pre-NAM right down to the coating to 2" here.  Not buying the NAM....toss worthy.

This map puts the meaningful snow of 5"+ at about Barnstable and points east. 

post-3232-0-44482400-1395804669_thumb.jp

4km could be scoring the rare coup do to intense banding but I highly doubt it.

I may be a little light with the c-2 here and probably need to look at 1-3".  Further east the Dividing line may be one exit west, maybe exit 4 on rte 6 for the advisory level snows 4+, builds up rapidly with 5-10" from about east sandwich/west Barnstable to ACK.

If the epic band does setup look out but to me it's moving pretty much along the lines of the RGEM/GFS/HRRR/RAP

Gut says this winds up further east next 6 hours and then too late to hook left or due north . At least that would be the trend i bet on w this jet stream orientation and those deep cool cloud top around 66 west or so

Yeah, I don't buy the really intense high res NAM.  I need to up to 1-3" here and there's a slight chance of 4".  I think the western 1/3 of the Cape may struggle to get much about 5".  With the wind there will be reports of all sorts of different amounts.

The real deal is Phil to ackwaves.

Jay - YOU Just Set a Record!  5 Posts in a Row!  

What does that mean?  This storm Sucks!  And so sad because it would have rivaled April Fool's Day.  This is like those late 90's and early 2000's System's that no one but Mets remember because they were out to sea.  Dr. Zalinski (anyone know him?) did a full book like Kocin's on Noreaster's but included one's that stayed offshore.  

There were a Ton for some reason I remember in like 98-2001.  

Archived