joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is kind of what I thought too, at least within the 6 day period.  There always seemed to be that OTS, with a good chance on the cape scenario, which seems to be what will happen in the end.  All it took was a few weenie solutions that shifted everything west throughout the life of this system to send everyone into full blown Oscar Meyer hot dog mode.

Naw, all it took was a blizzard consistently modeled sub 950mb with hurricane-force winds to even be remotely in our area.

We all know it didn't happen. But this one was worth it to see it through until the end, if not for the shear power of it and the impacts it would have had if were 150 miles west.

trough seems a little more tilted than progged,might be better for you, I mean 25 miles and you get croaked,too close to right off for you. IMHO

Thur early am i am driving out to the beach in Winthrop...going out to the rocks...gonna get some pictures of this swell...it's gonna be a monster swell.

If there is a beach near scooter i would take a drive by late wed pm and Early thurs am...when the REAL swell generated from S of nova scotia reaches E ma....this could be epic in places like Scituate with swell.

Thur early am i am driving out to the beach in Winthrop...going out to the rocks...gonna get some pictures of this swell...it's gonna be a monster swell.

If there is a beach near scooter i would take a drive by late wed pm and Early thurs am...when the REAL swell generated from S of nova scotia reaches E ma....this could be epic in places like Scituate with swell.

50 foot seas out there, should be some long swell

trough seems a little more tilted than progged,might be better for you, I mean 25 miles and you get croaked, to close to write off for you. IMHO

True but we know the models are never wrong 25 miles in a favorable direction. Designed by humans after all.

Doesn't look better or worse to me, the jersey stuff was expected and doesn't make it here directly

Water vapor shows it pretty clear that there are dual lows with the one to the east down to 997mb and the one that is along the virginia coast is 1001mb and you can see it getting tugged to the ENE

Yeah western one is driving some snows into nj etc. but that collapses east and then we have to wait for the whole thing to ride up off to our east.

We are about to watch the nye ball drop on this storm

Yeah western one is driving some snows into nj etc. but that collapses east and then we have to wait for the whole thing to ride up off to our east.

We are about to watch the nye ball drop on this storm

Its unfortunate to have someting this historic just miss east for many here, The dual low structured systems are never very favorable as the system just dumb bells more ENE and escapes to far as it moves up the coast before it consolidates and tries to get captured back to the NW, Just would have been a great finale for some for a decent winter, I think we still see some chances up here in the next couple weeks in the foothills and mountains anyways as climo kicks in for places away from the coast

Its unfortunate to have someting this historic just miss east for many here, The dual low structured systems are never very favorable as the system just dumb bells more ENE and escapes to far as it moves up the coast before it consolidates and tries to get captured back to the NW, Just would have been a great finale for some for a decent winter, I think we still see some chances up here in the next couple weeks in the foothills and mountains anyways as climo kicks in for places away from the coast

Now is about the moment that forecasts need to be adjusted. Can see the radar is struggling

Now is about the moment that forecasts need to be adjusted. Can see the radar is struggling

You can see the precip collapsing se over NJ and the backedge eroding on the NW side as the western low is getting tugged off to the ENE by the low further offshore, Not that it really matters much but the 21z SREFS were again east and just scrape the outer cape and extreme wasington county here

You can see the precip collapsing se over NJ and the backedge eroding on the NW side as the western low is getting tugged off to the ENE by the low further offshore, Not that it really matters much but the 21z SREFS were again east and just scrape the outer cape and extreme wasington county here

Yeah it's clearly way offshore.  I think the 0z runs will continue moving it east.  I really don't expect this to be much of a deal at all the western 1/2 of the Cape.  Even the winds look manageable now.

Think Down east Maine may be hard pressed to get the upper end amounts being forecast by Caribou

I'm thinking the same, The trends have been east and with such a sharp cut off NW it won't take much of a shift to the east to really cut into the accumalations

Archived