e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were on board with Twitter you would know such things.

The one he posted wasn't official, lol.

But regardless, it is still an impressive wind producer. The ASOS already did 74mph. I'd be really impressed if it broke 85mph.

Yea and that was my point...nobody there should be on the road.

Eh, it's not that bad I'm heading out in a few and don't expect any real issues.    OES is really cranking now but this thing is about to wind down.  You can see the main band dropping SE of ACK now.   Game set match. OES will shift east for a time.

It met blizzard criteria, I just wish blizzards were more than a few inches in many spots.

Remember these are mid-cape.  Note the visibility, and really less than stellar accumulations

post-3232-0-26286500-1395843835_thumb.jp

post-3232-0-35641900-1395843838_thumb.jp

post-3232-0-01378900-1395843843_thumb.jp

post-3232-0-22037300-1395843846_thumb.jp

Incredible storm. Kind of tough to watch it be so close, but it is just amazing.

Man 100 miles west and this would have been a historic storm for a lot of eastern areas

Blizzard conditions have verified over parts of the Cape and Nantucket. Even as the most intense snow is remaining offshore, this is still very impressive for late March.

Agree those radar images are amazing.  Such a perfect looking beast of a storm. Good for the cape and islands but one more reminder of how epic things could have been this season, region wide. 

What a way to cap off the winter season

The one he posted wasn't official, lol.

But regardless, it is still an impressive wind producer. The ASOS already did 74mph. I'd be really impressed if it broke 85mph.

What's the record for such winds this time of year in those locations? - Or any time during the winter/early spring season for that matter.  85 mph sounds pretty rare.

Agree those radar images are amazing. Such a perfect looking beast of a storm. Good for the cape and islands but one more reminder of how epic things could have been this season, region wide.

What a way to cap off the winter season

Yeah this season had so many wasted chances, yet still put up impressive positive snow departures. This winter could have been an all-timer

What's the record for such winds this time of year in those locations? - Or any time during the winter/early spring season for that matter.  85 mph sounds pretty rare.

Its pretty darn rare, but they have gusted to that in some winter storms. March 29, 1984, December 24, 1994 (actually kind of a hybrid subtropical origin), March 13-14, 1993, and Feb 1978 all gusted near or over 80mph.

I know in the 1984 storm, MVY gusted to 97mph.

Winding down now sky getting brighter.

Winter full of firsts. This is definitely the first 2-3" blizzard I've ever lived through. I have no doubt it met the technical criteria. We were howling and vis was 1/4 less for a solid 3.5 hours

lol.

And I shall call him, Mini-Blizzard...Muahahahaha!

Wasn't that like #4 for you this year, blizzard wise?  That's a pretty good stat if you ask me.

Archived