Newest Member
    amirah5
March 26th Snowstorm - continued discussion and observations

wxsniss

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historic.  I mean...wow!

I just wish Scott it was at least 50, or 100 miles closer.  Would have been one for the front of the text books.

Yeah I know...but that thing is a beast. From a met standpoint I appreciate something like that...and it is hitting our backyard pretty hard in terms of CC and the Islands.

Mar 26, 2014 11:43 AM
As reported at:  The Westmoor Club Nantucket
mercury.gif
Temp
24.1°F

52mph

Hi: 31°F
Lo: 24°F
Rain: 0.01"
Gust: NNW 91

Wind ChillN/°F
Humidity: N/A
Sunrise: 5:34 AM
Sunset: 5:58 PM
Dew Point: N/°F
Avg Wind: 41 NNW
Pressure: 29.41"
Rain/Month:1.09"
Moonphase:
mphase24.png

Switch to Celsius
Today cond008.png
Hi: 37 °F

Snow. Areas of blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Total snow… more

Tonight cond012.png
Lo: 24 °F

Mostly cloudy in the evening...then clearing. Areas of blowing snow in the evening. Very windy with lows in the lower… more

A Cape Cod blizzard is high on my bucket list. If only this one was a bit west... ;)

Yeah I live SE of BOS and really just some ocnl light snow earlier when I left for work, but the wind was cranking. Too bad it wasn't a bit further west. If I wasn't working...I'd be in Chatham right now.

You know it's a nice event when Ian chimes in.

Frustrating part was it slipped east in the late stages.  Euro was catching up the entire time and the NAM never caught up...small shifts 20-30 miles each run but over a few days it adds up.

No sense on a post mortem because next year the tendencies will be different anyway but this was a fitting end to a challenging forecasting year.

Frustrating part was it slipped east in the late stages.  Euro was catching up the entire time and the NAM never caught up...small shifts 20-30 miles each run but over a few days it adds up.

No sense on a post mortem because next year the tendencies will be different anyway but this was a fitting end to a challenging forecasting year.

cept it aint over

Mar 26, 2014 11:43 AM

As reported at:

The Westmoor Club Nantucket

Change Weather Station

mercury.gif

Temp

24.1°F

mph

Hi: 31°F

Lo: 24°F

Rain: 0.01"

Gust: NNW 91

Wind Chill: N/°F

Humidity: N/A

Sunrise: 5:34 AM

Sunset: 5:58 PM

Dew Point: N/°F

Avg Wind: 41 NNW

Pressure: 29.41"

Rain/Month:1.09"

Moonphase:mphase24.png

Switch to Celsius

Today cond008.png

Hi: 37 °F

Snow. Areas of blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Total snow… more

Tonight cond012.png

Lo: 24 °F

Mostly cloudy in the evening...then clearing. Areas of blowing snow in the evening. Very windy with lows in the lower… more

Jesus... Anyone wanna take a Stab @ that windchill?

Archived