Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 25 snow event obs

Ian

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cwg just said dry slot was coming lol and next band is this evening

That's accurate and a reasonable statement... Snow has stopped in DC and is pushing outside Beltway.  Dry slot may not get to you, but will cutoff snow for most of immediate metro area for an hour or so, before band pivots back.

That's accurate and a reasonable statement... Snow has stopped in DC and is pushing outside Beltway.  Dry slot may not get to you, but will cutoff snow for most of immediate metro area for an hour or so, before band pivots back.

sorry. I didnt even look at radar. I saw your post on facebook and then zwyts said superband approaching

You can see the dry slot starting to pivot right over DC.. screwage in progress

Think it's still backing a little. HRRR collapses it back east around 5 or so. The sfc may be too messed up at this pt.. need more deathband. 

DCA lost a degree! Dulles might be in the sweet zone for the pivot.

Could you please give a very brief description on how you're determining the placement? I need to accumulate knowledge... After all it's my name :)

Been snowing steady all day in Tysons -- huge flakes now and ripping. Almost 3" on flats shaded areas. 2" compacted in sun area. Not bad...

post-10124-0-72213200-1395775771_thumb.j

Could you please give a very brief description on how you're determining the placement? I need to accumulate knowledge... After all it's my name :)

Been snowing steady all day in Tysons -- huge flakes now and ripping. Almost 3" on flats shaded areas. 2" compacted in sun area. Not bad...

kind of just a guess based on how it's moving now and how models move it in the future. it may back past dulles.. but somewhere in there it should go more n/s then pull back east. 

I was at 49.75" coming into today. When I left my house at 11:30, we were just shy of 2 inches.

I'm going to have to convince my wife to send my 5-year old out with a ruler to get some more measurements while I'm at the office...

Just like I need to teach my mother in law to do the same :lol:

Be sure to update me later with your total, don't have you in my snow list :)

kind of just a guess based on how it's moving now and how models move it in the future. it may back past dulles.. but somewhere in there it should go more n/s then pull back east.

Nice. Thanks. I especially like the apart about the n/s evolution.

Looks like an area of the precip separation between the two waves propagating NW... Should we accept that main blulk of moisture to our SE to continue gaining anymore ground this way?

http://synoptic.envsci.rutgers.edu/site/radimg/anim_nerc.gif

Archived