• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

It's a very changeable pattern. Every run has come in warmer in some areas..colder than others and vise-versa.

I dunno. This appears more substantial to me, but I'll agree that another three cycles of consistency would lend more confidence for seasonal shift

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overnight suite came in colder again for the 4/8-9 system...still probably not much in SNE, but certainly CNE/NNE could be interesting.

Bears watching anyway.

Yeah it's interesting that the runs try to go colder system-centric while simultaneously warming the surrounding medium

Irene in 2011 and Sandy in 2012 weren't good enough?! Lol

Neither made landfall in Southern New England as a hurricane.

The hurricane-prone areas in SE MA and adjacent RI have largely been spared...though RI did get sideswiped decently by Sandy...esp SW RI. But the classic areas from eastern RI over to E MA really have been lucky since Hurricane Bob.

Both Irene and Sandy's westward track caused significant storm surge in LI sound...so S CT coastline has seen the brunt from recent storms.

After a high of 42.4°F today, the sea breeze has set in with a wind out of the SE. Down to 40.1°F at home. Portland is also at 40°F and Rockland comes in at 36°F. I love sea breezes no matter what time of the year they occur.

Yeah nothing like 40F in May. 

Actually got to the mid 50s here. Felt great.

Yeah 51F up here and it was wonderful... driving with windows down, tunes bumpin', and skiing in a hoodie.  Snow is starting to go faster at home now...down to 15" out in the open at the stake in the yard.  Mud season has jump started in the past two days, now any dirt road just has standing water on it and the top 6" of road is the consistency of pudding.

Yeah 51F up here and it was wonderful... driving with windows down, tunes bumpin', and skiing in a hoodie.  Snow is starting to go faster at home now...down to 15" out in the open at the stake in the yard.  Mud season has jump started in the past two days, now any dirt road just has standing water on it and the top 6" of road is the consistency of pudding.

This was the nicest day this year I think. Clouds broke up early aftn. I think my thermo is acting funny, but said hi was 57. For whatever reason I did not really seabreeze either.

I also can't remember lawns looking so dead. 

This was the nicest day this year I think. Clouds broke up early aftn. I think my thermo is acting funny, but said hi was 57. For whatever reason I did not really seabreeze either.

I also can't remember lawns looking so dead. 

I agree.  High of 51° and sunshine since 1:30 pm.  Montpelier walking path behind the high school was packed with joggers, dog walkers and bicycles. Still 100% snow cover and solidly deep, but the path was clear save for some big puddles.

I never can understand why folks don't pave rds or driveways. Never having a clean car anytime of year FTL and all that mud tracked everywhere. Pave it

It's usually economics and comes down to money...you have 100 people who live on a road that's 6 miles long, the cost to pave and then maintain 6 miles of road for 100 people is not money well spent just so they can be like you and have a semi-clean car.

At my folks summer house in Woodstock, CT we are 3 miles from the nearest paved road. Woodstock and Union have a ton of dirt roads.

Also, you pave a road up here and then you have to commit funds to it each year to have pot-holes filled in and fix frost heaves (which this winter have been horrific). All these small towns don't have the time or money to pave and re-pave all these roads...this isn't suburbia where the houses are packed in one after another.

I'm a fan of dirt roads...always loved going to the camp all summer in CT and enjoyed running and biking on them...plus it's got that country feel. I used to hate where I grew up in the suburbs...all paved and developed and right out of a textbook on sprawl.

It's usually economics and comes down to money...you have 100 people who live on a road that's 6 miles long, the cost to pave and then maintain 6 miles of road for 100 people is not money well spent just so they can be like you and have a semi-clean car.

At my folks summer house in Woodstock, CT we are 3 miles from the nearest paved road. Woodstock and Union have a ton of dirt roads.

Also, you pave a road up here and then you have to commit funds to it each year to have pot-holes filled in and fix frost heaves (which this winter have been horrific). All these small towns don't have the time or money to pave and re-pave all these roads...this isn't suburbia where the houses are packed in one after another.

I don't really buy that at all. The wear and tear they're putting on their vehicles by driving thru that mud holes, ruts, slop all year far outweighs the cost of paving it or at least laying some gravel down. You don't live on Little House on the Prarie

Archived