joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is going to change over to snow I hope soon. The heavy precip  has been stuck here.

Alot of ip/zr since last night. Sure hope I dont loose power because I didn't prepare for this. No firewood, gas or water stock pile.

Estimating between 1/8" and 1/3" of freezing rain.

Almost all snow here,huge flakes covering the ground quickly.

32.0[/quote

Where is "here"?

30.2 and mod ip in Colfax. Mostly sleet and snow overnight so only about .10 accretion on trees. I'm about 2 miles north of market street

Mount Ulla,NC

Iredell/Rowan border

All snow,huge flakes coming down.

wow very shocked! Left home in Concord at 7 and noticed sluch on my windshield but it appeard to be just rain falling, by the time I got about 10 minutes down the road I noticed ice on the trees and slush falling from the sky. now that I'm here at work in Davidson the roads are slushy and theire is a light dusting of sleet/slush starting to accum. very suprised.

Freezing rain and sleet still pouring down here. We have to be close to 1/2" of ice on trees here. Snow starting to mix in now, but I don't think it will change to all snow. Our roads aren't covered like folks just to our north. 

Will any of those big returns to our southwest, near the NC/SC border,  reach us this morning as wintry weather or will it miss us?

I don't think Ive ever been under a 

WSW

Flood Advisory

Wind Advisory

At the same time.

With that said... all of the above is falling. Rain, Sleet, Partially melted snow chunks. Alot of ice in the trees but should stay under severe power outage limits. Its a crushed slab of ice no doubt about it.

Here between Walkertown and Stokes County line. Been all p-types all last evening and this morning. Sleet, once again, most dominant. Been snowing big flakes at a good clip for about 30 minutes. This pic off my deck doesn't do it justice. The floor is a solid inch of ZR/Sleetpost-3037-0-26535900-1394197427_thumb.jp

Here between Walkertown and Stokes County line. Been all p-types all last evening and this morning. Sleet, once again, most dominant. Been snowing big flakes at a good clip for about 30 minutes. This pic off my deck doesn't do it justice. The floor is a solid inch of ZR/Sleetattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow, this storm has really turned your world upside down.

Here between Walkertown and Stokes County line. Been all p-types all last evening and this morning. Sleet, once again, most dominant. Been snowing big flakes at a good clip for about 30 minutes. This pic off my deck doesn't do it justice. The floor is a solid inch of ZR/Sleetattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've never seen a storm turn a deck upside down like that...wow! :P

woke up to the same thing I went to sleep with...34 degrees and rain in CLT.  Nothing wintry in the cards for us this time

Not good sean. Folks without power reading this stay safe.

Awesome pic Jon.

Raleigh mentioned the deform band possibly erroding the warmnose changing over to snow. Thats not a scenario where there is alot of ice already. Thats only additional weight from the from a heavy wet paste.

Wow, this storm has really turned your world upside down.

I've never seen a storm turn a deck upside down like that...wow! :P

woke up to the same thing I went to sleep with...34 degrees and rain in CLT.  Nothing wintry in the cards for us this time

Hahahaha! Yeah sorry about that guys. Imagine what it was like standing there. Anyway, now all snow. HUGE flakes falling at a very brisk pace. I can see the 2-4 additional inches that Blacksburg mentions happening round here (Stokes) if this keeps up.

attachicon.gif20140307_073532.jpg

5.5" here in Bassett, VA (50mi S of ROA, 20mi W of Martinsville)

31 degrees

Mod IP/SN mix

We stayed all snow til about 7am this morning. Everyone locally busted hard. DT nailed my area (4-8) surprisingly.

I'm up to 33,6 but still snowing pretty hard at times I may have about 2 inches on the ground but sleeted about all night... Nice snow for you! Congrats!

Archived