e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your favorite restaurant at Myrtle Beach? For seafood, I think the Chesapeake House is about as good as it gets. Carolina Roadhouse is also very good, if you're looking for steak. The Spring House is good for breakfast. Actually, I guess if it has the word "house" in the name, it's probably pretty good. :)

Chesapeake House is on my list. Angelo's Italian restaurant has the best steaks I have ever eaten!

So they started taking up too much room for people on the beach. It was also a safety issue for the lifeguards and beach patrol.

Or umbrella rental revenue was down and they wanted to legislate more business for umbrella rentals under the guise of public safety. Tent lets you sit in the middle of the canopy for maximum shade, that's tough with a center pole umbrella.

Down in South Myrtle, I can confirm the steaks are worth the trip.

I'll be there tomorrow after a visit to Charleston  :)

My favorite myrtle beach thing is to not go there.

:lol:  If it weren't for work, I wouldn't go either........but...... I do have to say after taking the time to really look around, I have found some cool places "off the beaten path" to visit when I'm there  ;)    

I hate Myrtle Beach. If you drive south a bit more, there is an absolutely beautiful beach.... Hunting Island State Park. Sand dollars and starfish galore at times and the driftwood makes for gorgeous pictures. We used to camp there frequently.

Yeah my family goes to Litchfield Beach and it is great.  Probably 20 minutes south of Myrtle and 10-15 minutes from Murell's Inlet.  Very family friendly community with beach front homes.

Myrtle Beach isn't somewhere you go for a wonderful beach experience. But if you go in the off-season, there are a lot of fun things to do and good places to eat.

Ya my family and I went last September. There is lots to do down there for sure. The beach is not great but we went after the crowds and we had a great time. They have the aquarium down the there, the boardwalk at the beach, the skywheel also that they added a few years ago. We took a helicopter ride around the city and the beach. Lots of good dinning also. Miniature golf and so on. We had a great time. This year we are looking at going down to the panhandle of Florida. Maybe Destin or one of the beaches around Destin. Depends on my mom and her treatments.

Ya my family and I went last September. There is lots to do down there for sure. The beach is not great but we went after the crowds and we had a great time. They have the aquarium down the there, the boardwalk at the beach, the skywheel also that they added a few years ago. We took a helicopter ride around the city and the beach. Lots of good dinning also. Miniature golf and so on. We had a great time. This year we are looking at going down to the panhandle of Florida. Maybe Destin or one of the beaches around Destin. Depends on my mom and her treatments.

Yep, fun stuff. But man, you can work through some dough in a hurry down there!

Cold Rain, on 18 Mar 2014 - 4:34 PM, said:

What's your favorite restaurant at Myrtle Beach? For seafood, I think the Chesapeake House is about as good as it gets. Carolina Roadhouse is also very good, if you're looking for steak. The Spring House is good for breakfast. Actually, I guess if it has the word "house" in the name, it's probably pretty good. :)

Going to the Spring House for breakfast is a tradition when we go to MB -- Love that place. Another place we found last year that was actually quite good was Duffy Street Seafood Shack and it's in Cherry Grove. Think they have another location somewhere, but not sure.

Going to the Spring House for breakfast is a tradition when we go to MB -- Love that place. Another place we found last year that was actually quite good was Duffy Street Seafood Shack and it's in Cherry Grove. Think they have another location somewhere, but not sure.

Nice. SH is a tradition for us too. And Hot Stacks. Haven't been to Duffy Street. Drunken Jack's in Murrells Inlet is really good too.

Archived