• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

Funny thing is I'm going to Myrtle Beach this weekend for a tournament so that'll be fun :) 

You gotta get to gatlinburg man! You ain't lived till you rent a log cabin with a heart shaped jacuzzi inside, a hot tub on the deck, and dinner at Dixie Stampede, after a day at Dollywood!

Yep, I can confirm that everybody should try renting a log cabin with jacuzzi in Blue Ridge Mtns. Did that back in October and it was a blast :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing is I'm going to Myrtle Beach this weekend for a tournament so that'll be fun :)

Yep, I can confirm that everybody should try renting a log cabin with jacuzzi in Blue Ridge Mtns. Did that back in October and it was a blast :)

I third this motion!  Really an amazing experience, we try to do it at least once or twice a year.  Just something about a cabin in the heart of the Smokies especially on a crisp night and being in the jacuzzi or in front of the fire.

What is the best contact solution to use? Superjames1992 or Disc? Not sure if the one I use is any good.

I have Renu, though I honestly hardly use any as I have disposable contact lenses (Focus Dailies).

My contact prescription is -6.00 in my left eye and -5.25 in my right eye.  I rarely meet anyone with worse eyes than me. :(  However, with contacts, I can see better than 20/20 and better than most people with "healthy" eyesight. :lol:

Yeah my family goes to Litchfield Beach and it is great.  Probably 20 minutes south of Myrtle and 10-15 minutes from Murell's Inlet.  Very family friendly community with beach front homes.

Oh, I love Murell's Inlet also. We spent Christmas there 2 years ago. Most relaxing Christmas I've ever had.

Myrtle Beach sucks, IMO......

I'm not a big beach person, period, but the OBX definitely beats Myrtle Beach for me.

I grew up going to Myrtle every summer for a week. My parents have always had a camper since I was a kid, and it was always a big deal back then for me to go there for a week. The best time was when I was a teenager, and for obvious reasons. Now thatmy folks are retired they have a camper in storage down there and go more often. I go with my family for one week during the summer and maybe a couple of weekends. It's free and it's the beach. But now that I am older I would rather go to the OBX, too. I have lived in NC all my life and never went to the OBX until a few years ago when my wife and I went for our 5th anniversary. That's where her family went in the summer. Now I love going to the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/Jockey's Ridge area every year. Myrtle has a lot to do besides the beach, but the OBX is a lot nicer and not as crowded.

I grew up going to Myrtle every summer for a week. My parents have always had a camper since I was a kid, and it was always a big deal back then for me to go there for a week. The best time was when I was a teenager, and for obvious reasons. Now thatmy folks are retired they have a camper in storage down there and go more often. I go with my family for one week during the summer and maybe a couple of weekends. It's free and it's the beach. But now that I am older I would rather go to the OBX, too. I have lived in NC all my life and never went to the OBX until a few years ago when my wife and I went for our 5th anniversary. That's where her family went in the summer. Now I love going to the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/Jockey's Ridge area every year. Myrtle has a lot to do besides the beach, but the OBX is a lot nicer and not as crowded.

The OBX around Nags Head is cool and I go for a long weekend every May or June but we usually spend more time on Emerald Isle as the water is warmer and the fishing is better.

I have Renu, though I honestly hardly use any as I have disposable contact lenses (Focus Dailies).

My contact prescription is -6.00 in my left eye and -5.25 in my right eye.  I rarely meet anyone with worse eyes than me. :(  However, with contacts, I can see better than 20/20 and better than most people with "healthy" eyesight. :lol:

Dang, superjames.  I feel your pain.  Mine was actually worse than that (-6.25 left, -7.00 right with astigmatism too) before I had Lasik.  Talk about a game changer.  Best money I have ever spent.  I have to wear glasses now - 12 years out - but I can actually wear "cute" glasses at this point (its a really low prescription). 

8. Outside shot was off so I started going to the basket. This was our second game. I was really rusty the first one, but better this time. We held the other team to only 9 points in the second half.

Not bad. It's literally been years since I played in a rec league. Our work put together a team 5-6 years ago. I haven't played much since then, except on the playground. It's amazing how rusty you are the first few times back out....and how winded you get when you sprint down the court once or twice. It takes a while to get back in game shape, especially at 40.

Not bad. It's literally been years since I played in a rec league. Our work put together a team 5-6 years ago. I haven't played much since then, except on the playground. It's amazing how rusty you are the first few times back out....and how winded you get when you sprint down the court once or twice. It takes a while to get back in game shape, especially at 40.

Yeah, I am 39. I am pretty sure I am the oldest on our team. And it's funny because when we play at lunch outside I seem to play better. I guess I am more relaxed than when playing in an actual game with a clock and scoreboard.

Yeah, I am 39. I am pretty sure I am the oldest on our team. And it's funny because when we play at lunch outside I seem to play better. I guess I am more relaxed than when playing in an actual game with a clock and scoreboard.

Yeah, real games are weird. We played in college all the time. All the time. When we would shoot up teams or play 21, I was money from the line. I'm talking 85% money. I could knock down free throws all day. But when we played in the rec league (granted, that was years after college), I couldn't hit a free throw to save my life. I still can't believe I was that bad from the line. Just mental, I guess. Games have a much different feel than the pick-up stuff. It's much easier to travel in rec ball too, I found out....hahaha!

I guess the rec league is just more intense, and it makes it feel like everything is quicker. Makes it easier to rush things.

Yeah, I guess that's it. We played this team that had a one armed point guard. I mean this guy was fast as lightenting and he could corral the ball and shoot it at ludicrous speed. And I had never been crossed-over on by a one armed man either. My shoes fell off. Man, he was good!

Yeah, I guess that's it. We played this team that had a one armed point guard. I mean this guy was fast as lightenting and he could corral the ball and shoot it at ludicrous speed. And I had never been crossed-over on by a one armed man either. My shoes fell off. Man, he was good!

When I went to Carolina basketball school back in the day, there was a guy there one year that had one arm. He was good, too.

When I went to Carolina basketball school back in the day, there was a guy there one year that had one arm. He was good, too.

Nice! I also played against Chuck Nevitt one game. He's tall. He was nice, though, and actually let us get some shots off every now and then.

Archived