northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the idea that the gfs and other global models are showing some snow... instead of the euro being the leader with its big snow maps which we all know counts for freezing rain sleet and snow.... as the surface low gets to the nc and va line and starts to deepen any wrap around moisture should be frozen as the 850s have really crashed by then.. thats looking at the 12z gfs...  

More D to the T - on wxrisk FB

yes I am now referring to this as Noreaster. DT Knows MILLER A and Noreasters... and that is what this is. Now as to which areas will be hit hardest .. etc THAT we don't know yet but folks this is gonna be a pretty decent Noreaster

12Z EURO - Again this is an ideal track for much of Western Central North Carolina 

12z BRITISH MODEL (UKMet)... Like friggin WOOF ... BARK HOWL
If this was February 25 - 26 as opposed to March 25 26 the British model would be causing a SNOW lovers freak out over the North Carolina Virginia Maryland Delaware Southern New Jersey
areas . The track on the British model is amazingly close with the same intensity as the historic January 1940 snowstorm. But again we do have to worry about the low level temperatures right near the ground not being the cold enough to support all snow because of the strong son angle of the march sun. This will be unknown factor and for the last 24 hours before the event...

yes I am now referring to this as Noreaster. DT Knows MILLER A and Noreasters... and that is what this is. Now as to which areas will be hit hardest .. etc THAT we don't know yet but folks this is gonna be a pretty decent Noreaster

12Z EURO - Again this is an ideal track for much of Western Central North Carolina 

If this was February 25 - 26 as opposed to March 25 26 the British model would be causing a SNOW lovers freak out over the North Carolina Virginia Maryland Delaware Southern New Jersey areas . The track on the British model is amazingly close with the same intensity as the historic January 1940 snowstorm. But again we do have to worry about the low level temperatures right near the ground not being the cold enough to support all snow because of the strong son angle of the march sun. This will be unknown factor and for the last 24 hours before the event...

DT with all the money he makes is no excuse not to buy http://www.nuance.com/dragon/index.htm. If I were in his shoes as a professional meteorologist I would take time to learn how to spell or use dragon. Enexcusable for a professional as his self to have as many spelling and grammer errors as he does. Pitiful.

If this was February 25 - 26 as opposed to March 25 26 the British model would be causing a SNOW lovers freak out over the North Carolina Virginia Maryland Delaware Southern New Jersey areas . The track on the British model is amazingly close with the same intensity as the historic January 1940 snowstorm. But again we do have to worry about the low level temperatures right near the ground not being the cold enough to support all snow because of the strong son angle of the march sun. This will be unknown factor and for the last 24 hours before the event...

Everytime you post "More D to the T" I crack up.  He is good with coastals, interesting that all globals have a nice storm...

I overheard a conversation where people were talking about us getting the "worst snow ever" on Tuesday. Where do people get this stuff? :lol:

This was also said in a valley girl accent, which made it even better.

What does the worst snow ever even mean? Would it be like warm snow or something??

MHX rarely get this bullish in the depths of winter but...

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

A VERY COLD AIRMASS WILL INVADE EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA SUNDAY
NIGHT AND PERSIST THROUGH AT LEAST WEDNESDAY WITH HIGH
TEMPERATURES 15 TO 20 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL. DEVELOPING LOW
PRESSURE OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY WILL
SPREAD MOISTURE ACROSS THE REGION. WITH THE COLD AIR ALREADY IN
PLACE...A PERIOD OF MIXED OR ALL WINTRY PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED
ACROSS PORTIONS OF EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA LATE MONDAY NIGHT INTO
TUESDAY AND POSSIBLY AGAIN TUESDAY NIGHT. THIS THREAT WILL BE
GREATEST OVER THE INTERIOR COASTAL PLAIN COUNTIES WEST OF HIGHWAY

Sorry I can't let this go: worst snow ever is a forecast of 12-20 and end up with 3 and sleet!!

I'm all-in for that!  Hell, forget the sun angle.  

That 83 storm I've mentioned a few times (Charlotte)...

gave my hood 10" about 7-8 hours - after weather we're experiencing now.  Started snowing before lunch

and never let up 'till about 7pm.  The sky got pink, at sunset, after that.

Beautiful snow.  Perfect snow.     Wonderful day.

I'm all-in for that!  Hell, forget the sun angle.  

That 83 storm I've mentioned a few times (Charlotte)...

gave my hood 10" about 7-8 hours - after weather we're experiencing now.  Started snowing before lunch

and never let up 'till about 7pm.  The sky got pink, at sunset, after that.

Beautiful snow.  Perfect snow.     Wonderful day.

I remember that 83 storm like it was yesterday. It was the largest snow I had witnessed in my life, at that time. We got 12" in North Charlotte. I was only 10  years old, but remember it vividly. Great times for sure...

Archived