• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

It's hard to believe that a plane can just go missing in 2014. I know people will come back with all kinds of tech reasons about the transponders and ACARS were disabled, etc...but in 2014, there ought to be technology available and required on every aircraft that would send out a continuous signal that would surive a crash or explosion or water landing or sinking or whatever and could not be disabled locally at the aircraft.

You'd think a commercial plane would be equipt with GPS tracking that couldn't be turned off from the plane. But I think they can't find it because it didn't crash. Someone landed the plane somewhere for some group, and they are using the passengers as hostages for leverage later when they use the plane for something bad.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think a commercial plane would be equipt with GPS tracking that couldn't be turned off from the plane. But I think they can't find it because it didn't crash. Someone landed the plane somewhere for some group, and they are using the passengers as hostages for leverage later when they use the plane for something bad.

That is a possibility....but you'd need a big airport to pull that off, probably. It seems like somebody would have checked all of the airports in range of where it could have landed. But maybe I'm being too simplistic. I don't know.

It's hard to believe that a plane can just go missing in 2014. I know people will come back with all kinds of tech reasons about the transponders and ACARS were disabled, etc...but in 2014, there ought to be technology available and required on every aircraft that would send out a continuous signal that would surive a crash or explosion or water landing or sinking or whatever and could not be disabled locally at the aircraft.

It's hard to believe the global models can't get storms right three days out in 2014, but it happens!?

I wonder if they have checked the Bermuda Triangle yet!?

What is the equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle over there? The Burma Triangle?

I dont know why people are surprised that we could lose a plane over the ocean. we've lost plenty of storms that were never found again.

Haha! True.

"Thank you for visiting my website. Please take a few moments to learn more about my background, my beliefs and my plan to Wake County an even better place."

Good stuff right there.

I already e-mailed him about the missing word in that sentence. Did you catch it, or did your brain just fill it in for you?

If you live in Wake County, NC, my son is running for county commissioner. Some info here.  Check him out.

http://www.burnsforwake.org/

Awesome, J!  I don't live in Wake myself, but have a lot of family members who do (right down the road from the Angus Barn, incidentally :) ).  I will make sure they check out his site - hopefully I can get him a few votes!

Awesome, J!  I don't live in Wake myself, but have a lot of family members who do (right down the road from the Angus Barn, incidentally :) ).  I will make sure they check out his site - hopefully I can get him a few votes!

Thanks. He's a good honest guy.

What's your favorite restaurant at Myrtle Beach? For seafood, I think the Chesapeake House is about as good as it gets. Carolina Roadhouse is also very good, if you're looking for steak. The Spring House is good for breakfast. Actually, I guess if it has the word "house" in the name, it's probably pretty good. :)

Archived